Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

This world is not the English world!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    peterwillcn

Installs Max + Avalon OneCare the time system say is error, says does  not support this machine OS the language edition, does everybody very  gets angry with not cool, has the very many people publication unhappy:   Said " this world is not English world "!  Microsoft was the world  company, the product promoted test receives limits this is Microsoft  imprudent place!  Very not cool!Sad:(Perplexed:s[C][A]Cool
    Originally is one very happy matter, non- must do it such lets person  not be happy!

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Where did you download it from? If you downloaded it from microsoft.com, it probably is the U.S. version. You'd better grab anything from your own region or countries site, like www.microsoft.com/china, for example.

• User profile image
    leighsword

here is a tool for change your OS languges, i got the same problem when i trying to install IE7 beta .

• User profile image
    John Steed

peterwillcn wrote:
    this world is not English world

I daresay if it were, it would not be so hard to find a proper cup of tea in the United States.

• User profile image
    Kazi

The best solution of this problem is using the english version of ms products with MUI packs.

• User profile image
    Volkan

And here is another way to install IE7 or Max on a localized Windows Version Wink

How to back up, edit, and restore the registry in Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ 

Open regedit go to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\Language] and change the InstallLanguage=to 409 

Source: http://board.iexbeta.com/lofiversion/index.php/t56680.html

• User profile image
    footballism

I am currently using English version of Windows XP SP2, so I don't have any problem with this:p

Sheva

• User profile image
    Manip

Instead of throwing an error box, Microsoft should throw a warning with a continue/cancel option.. That way foreign language speakers can install it at their own risk/inconvenience.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.