Coffeehouse Thread

66 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Is today the day? (for VS2005 on MSDN)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Compiled​Monkey

Sorry about that.  I should have added it. :o  

• User profile image
    lethalbyte

On the MSDN Universal, it now says " Visual Studio 2005 - Pre-production"

Significant?  I dont know, but it's NEW!  WAYYYHHHOOOO!!  Still no RTM download though!

• User profile image
    Richard.Hein

lethalbyte wrote:
    On the MSDN Universal, it now says " Visual Studio 2005 - Pre-production"

Significant?  I dont know, but it's NEW!  WAYYYHHHOOOO!!  Still no RTM download though!

Perplexed  Where did you see that?  I don't see anything like that.

• User profile image
    lethalbyte

On MSDN Subscriber downloads, go to developer tools, the menu for Visual Studio 2005 now had "pre-production" on it.  It's just the text on the parent node on the tree for the existing downloads.

• User profile image
    StefanB

The servers are still replicating... so you may not see it on all servers yet.

• User profile image
    StefanB

I'm guessing that the servers we're seeing 'Pre-Production' on are those that RTM has already replicated to.  Once its fully replicated they would enable the downloads for RTM.

• User profile image
    Karim

mVPstar wrote:
    I still have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Haven't you heard?  The war is over!  It's VS Day!

Coders will soon begin pouring out into the streets of Seattle and kissing the first woman they see...

• User profile image
    Richard.Hein

Alright then!  Very good, I hope it's up by tomorrow morning because they are rebuilding my dev machine and I'd like to see 2005 on there instead of 2003!  Big Smile

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    lethalbyte

Yeh, I just jumped on to check... and it's gone now. Booo!  Like you said, replication... even so the download wasn't there before.  I don't think I have EVER been so excited about a software product before.  At work I'm now known as Whidbey, because I've been singing its praises for months!

I love it, I love it, I love it!  My girlfriend hates it though, because I keep talking about Generics!

• User profile image
    keeron

This is driving me nuts! okay not that much, but its still crazy... I wonder what will happen when Vista is hitting the RTM??!!

The pre-production title is back on (it was gone, probably different server)... still no signs of the build.

These will be some busy days for Microsoft servers....with the PDC content (over 15 gb) and now VS RTM (soon, I mean Smiley )! Thankgod Maxtor is out with a 500gb hdd, we'll need them!

• User profile image
    DerekUK

Im finding here the Pre-Production VS005 directory on MSDN downloads keeps coming and going.

In line with this the latest downloads list gives me nothing newer than 21st October when the old VS2005 directory is displayed . But when you get the pre-production directory there are entries upto the 25th.

So it sure looks like changes are been replicated across the server farm/s they have for this and its pot luck which version you get at moment.

Looking good for a RTM release in next 24 Hours I think ( And Hope ! Smiley))

• User profile image
    lethalbyte

I'm now completely unable to access msdn subscriber downloads.  I get a windows login box up.  So looks like their are big changes going on here.

Can't be long now! Big Smile

EDIT: Works again now.... no RTM for download.  I won't rest until it's merrily downloading it's beauty onto my PC!

• User profile image
    DerekUK

Just checked again and noticed the SQL 2005 Server directory on MSDN downloads is also now saying pre production for the CTP downloads etc. Looking good !

• User profile image
    lethalbyte

great Big Smile:D:D:D  If I hear 'a watched pot never boils' from one more person I'm going to go nuts!

• User profile image
    Compiled​Monkey

Wonder how long it's going to take to download... :o  

• User profile image
    lethalbyte

Few hours the other releases have taken, I'll be happy once it's downloading though!

• User profile image
    eschatzy

Stop watching your making the MSDN Servers slow. Wink

BTW, have you guys noticed that MSDN is very slow? I'm guessing VS 2005, SQL 2005 and PDC 2005, is slowing everything down.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.