Coffeehouse Thread

66 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Is today the day? (for VS2005 on MSDN)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Mar7in

Are those part of ClickOnce deployment - project properties?

• User profile image
    FluffyDevil​Bunny

Interesting... hmm...

http://blogs.msdn.com/mikehall/archive/2005/10/25/484946.aspx

According to this blog, the compact framework wasn't signed off on until yesterday. This happens to be one of the components installed by Visual Studio 2005. So how many other components haven't been signed off on yet?

FDB

• User profile image
    Kevin Daly

On the other hand, the original post on Mike Zintel's blog was dated September 29.

• User profile image
    StefanB

StefanB wrote:
    Even though there has been no official RTM announcement... this seems to confirm it has RTM'd!

http://blogs.msdn.com/quanto/archive/2005/10/25/485008.aspx

• User profile image
    StefanB

Even though there has been no official RTM announcement... this seems to confirm it has RTM'd!

http://blogs.msdn.com/quanto/archive/2005/10/25/485008.aspx

• User profile image
    Kevin Daly

Not necessarily, since those are final build numbers for VS 2005 and the .NET Framework v2.0 only.

The rumour was that it was SQL Server 2005 that failed a regression test, so that's the missing piece.

• User profile image
    Retro​Recursion

Waiting waiting waiting.... We got products to ship!!

• User profile image
    Tensor

Can't even go to subscriber downloads at the moment - it just returns me to the subscriptions home.

• User profile image
    gregoryw

Occasionally it lets me in (I've tried three times this morning, and a few times last night.), but it VS2005 RTM isn't showing up yet.

I guess that it just limits the number of active sessions (hence the redirects back to the msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions page.), because once I'm granted access the performance is fine.

I hope that it's available pretty soon; I've got a project that I'm working on right now that I'd like to move straight up to .NET 2.0 before it goes live...

• User profile image
    lethalbyte

It just completely errors for me.  Slightly annoying!!!

So, when do people think it'll be released?

Big Smile

• User profile image
    gregoryw

Well, I seem to remember that the lag between when Team Foundation Server beta 3 was announced as propagating on MSDN Subscriber Downloads to the time that it was actually available was a couple of days. Of course, then there's the fact that VS2005 RTM will be larger than TFS...

I also wonder whether the MSDN deployment process is fully automatic or not. Once VS2005 RTM has fully propagated to the servers, does it then become immediately available for download, or does somebody in the MSDN team then have to mark it as available (i.e. we have to wait for someone in the appropriate time zone to carry out this action.)?

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.