Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Hotmail acting strangely, no graphics are showing up

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jkwuc89

Since last Friday, when I go to my Hotmail account, none of the graphics on the Hotmail page load.  This is happening in IE and in Firefox and it is happening on multiple computers.  Neither of my computers has anything running that would block the Hotmail images.  And other pages with images load just fine.

Visit the link below to see a screenshot:
    http://sciotofootball.com/keith/hotmailimageproblem.jpg

Is anyone else seeing this with their Hotmail account?

• User profile image
    Fritz

Yep I too got that today

• User profile image
    jkwuc89

I submitted a support request to Hotmail regarding this problem.  According to the auto-response, I should hear something in 24 hours.

• User profile image
    lucisandor

Hello,
    The images are (probably) hosted on Akamai servers.
    Akamai is the bigest source for graphical ads (Flash and GIF) and many of the world's biggest websites use their services. If you are using an ad-blocker application (on individual PC's or at gateway/DNS level), it is most likely that their servers will be targeted and the content from Akamai will be blocked.
    As an example, I'll put the error that I've made some 2 years ago. Manually edititng the HOSTS file and adding fake IP addresses for Akamai servers blocked not only the commercials, but even part of Windows Update content.
    Of course, I won't exclude a temporary DNS failure for Hotmail server responsible with those graphics.
    HTH.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.