Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Sql Server CD Key?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    FluffyDevil​Bunny

WTF!?!

Ok so I downloaded Sql Server 2005 Developer (CD Versions) and begin installing it. It then asks for a CD-Key. So I log into MSDN again and go to installation keys. Bam! There is no key there for Sql Server.

So then I click on the DVD Download because the CD is no longer available... Then BAM! No information there on what CD-Key to use!

Has anyone else gotten this sucker installed and where did you find the key?

Thanks

FDB

• User profile image
    FluffyDevil​Bunny

Ok I am impatient and am now downloading the DVD. Did anyone with installation experience in this media run into a cd-key issue?

Thanks

FDB

• User profile image
    Red5

Do you have the top menu option in your MSDN subscription for "Product Keys"? I used it yesterday to obtain a key for Win2003 Server x64 version. EDIT: I see there is no key for SQL Server 2005 under this area as of right now

• User profile image
    irascian

That's annoying.

When MSDN was playing up the main page for each bit of software had two buttons - one marked "Download", the other marked "Get Product Key". The trouble is that pressing either button would give you an "Access error" message (it was also noticeable that aside from the two buttons there would just be file details - file name, size etc and they were all blank). Now that MSDN downloads has sorted itself out the button is gone.

I think in their rush to get the software up someone forgot something. No doubt when the blogs start filling up someone will cotton on and do something about it (Fingers crossed they do so BEFORE the weekend).

• User profile image
    irascian

FluffyDevilBunny wrote:
    WTF!?!

Ok so I downloaded Sql Server 2005 Developer (CD Versions) and begin installing it. It then asks for a CD-Key.
    Has anyone else gotten this sucker installed and where did you find the key?

Thanks

FDB

No key needed here.

It was greyed out and pre-populated just as Visual Studio 2005, which I installed before it, had been. I was upgrading a PC that already had SQL 2000 on so not sure if it somehow used that product key?

• User profile image
    Compiled​Monkey

Yeah, neither of my installs needed keys either.

• User profile image
    PinkF

I downloaded Sql2005 from msdn, but cannot find any key either. Did you find the key fluffy?

• User profile image
    FluffyDevil​Bunny

No I redownloaded it and then there was no key needed. I think they originally put the wrong one online.

• User profile image
    PinkF

FluffyDevilBunny wrote:
    No I redownloaded it and then there was no key needed. I think they originally put the wrong one online.

I got it up and running Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.