Coffeehouse Thread

47 posts

Windows Live

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    eagle

What is Windows Live?

Your online world gets better when everything works simply and effortlessly together. That's the basic idea behind Windows Live. So the things you care about - your friends, the latest information, your e-mails, powerful search, your PC files, everything – comes together in one place. This is a brand new Internet experience designed to put you in control. And this is just the beginning – you'll see many more new services in the coming months.

Sign-up for the beta!

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

Yes, I saw that from Scott Isaacs a while ago, and I've been exploring.

Some very nice improvements over Start.com (the Live homepage is largely identical); and the Favorites page is nice, although it isn't tag-centered enough, etc.

Nicely done.

• User profile image
    scobleizer
  • User profile image
    Larsenal

Like I said in another recent post, the key to RSS/subscription adoption is not cool aggregators.  It's the quality of the content/services that are syndicated.  Microsoft seems to get this, hence the emphasis on services.

• User profile image
    eagle

Microsoft Office Live is coming.

Today, an online presence is almost a requirement for small business success. That’s why Microsoft is introducing Microsoft® Office Live—a set of affordable business productivity services designed to help you grow your business more easily by establishing a professional presence online.

Microsoft Office Live will provide your company with its own domain name, Web site, and e-mail accounts for free.

Additionally, Microsoft Office Live will offer you and your employees expert business management applications, such as customer, project, and document management tools, and a security-enhanced private Web site—affordably managed and maintained by Microsoft—where you can work together and share information with your employees, customers, suppliers, and contractors.

A beta version of Microsoft Office Live will launch in early 2006.*

Sign-up!

• User profile image
    Tonatiúh

Larsenal wrote:
    [...] Microsoft seems to get this, hence the emphasis on services.

As my old and dear Total Quality Professor, the mayeuta1 Dr. Nicolás Ballesteros Inda (R.I.P.) said: "Who do not live to serve, do not serve to live"

Tonatiúh

1 From greek, one who teaches exercising the Socratic dialectic, in the sense she/he eases her/his disciples knowledge delivery (i.e. mayeuta = the woman who eases mothers in his delivery time).

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

What?! Office 12 will be called Office Live?

--edit: Nevermind. I hate marketting speak.

• User profile image
    billh

<cough>Smart Tags</cough>

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Sounds like SharePoint + business web site, hosted for free by microsoft...

• User profile image
    Simo

http://www.live.com  just needs a Google Search gadget and it might make a decent home page.

• User profile image
    Tonatiúh

eagle wrote:
    [...] What is Windows Live? [...]
    Sign-up for the beta!

I have signed... It is at first glance ASTONISHING... But for a while, let me endure the effort needed to get my eyes off from staring at... Please.

Edit: Dyslexic typo fixed.

• User profile image
    Tonatiúh

Windows Live wrote:
    ¡Uy!, parece que tenemos un problema con este suministro. Vuelve a intentarlo más tarde.

Just this is not fair... I can not laugh and stare at the same time... What a joyful response for an error trigger!

Tonatiúh

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

Simo wrote:
    http://www.live.com  just needs a Google Search gadget and it might make a decent home page.

Well, if Google supported RSS feeds of their search results, that would be easy... [A]

• User profile image
    Tonatiúh

Michael Griffiths wrote:
    Simo wrote: http://www.live.com  just needs a Google Search gadget and it might make a decent home page.

Well, if Google supported RSS feeds of their search results, that would be easy...

May be us may suggest Google to install the Microsoft .NET platform in their searh servers [6]

• User profile image
    Tonatiúh

May any body understand the happiness I felt when I received the correct metheorologic forecast for "Colima, Colima, México" as response after I typed "Villa de Alvarez"? The former is the State Capital City and the later is the City where I live... Both of it are as closest as for not been any gap in between and in the same metropolitan area... Wow!... I could not ever get that in MSN!... We count!

Tonatiúh

EDIT: Syntactic error fixed.

• User profile image
    Tonatiúh

I hate you Eagle... Just I became aware I was engaged for long with Windows Live... And I have almost at its beginning that other intersing homework to do... Understanding that other on "The Road Ahead" step: The Singularity Proyect... I do not want to be left on the rearguard... So...

<old_programer age="don't care">
       <joy_time mod="investigating">
          DO NOT DISTURB
       </joy_time>
       <message_modifier>
          ONLY FOR A WHILE
       </message_modifier>
    </old_programer>

Tonatiúh

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Simo wrote:

Well, the closest thing we've got right now is  a gadget that does a search on Feedster, MSN, and Google blog search.

• User profile image
    Tonatiúh

AdamKinney wrote:
    [...] Well, the closest thing we've got right now is  a gadget that does a search on Feedster, MSN, and Google blog search.

Thank you Adam, I have taken it... Hope I have installed porperly, but it will take me for a while to check so.

Tonatiúh

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.