Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Google died?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Larsenal

I can't get to www.google.com.  Maybe it died.  My connection seems okay.

Can't wait to see their stock take a dive.  [6]

These outages make me feel better when I crash something.  The big guys screw up too.

EDIT: After a few minutes it's back again.  Too bad they lost out on millions of advertisement clicks in those few minutes.

• User profile image
    Carbito

I have been having connection issues with it over the past hour. The search appears to be back up however other services such as Gmail and Blogger are still down. When I did a traceroute (from Australia) I noticed that the packets went from Australia -> Los Angeles(Level3) -> Chicago(Level3) Why would Google traffic be heading off to Chicago when their servers are in California? Perhaps there was some sort of failure and Google has switched to a backup datacentre, which would explain why search is up even though Gmail is still down.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Larsenal wrote:
    I can't get to www.google.com.  Maybe it died.  My connection seems okay.

Yeah...everyone was googleing for Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Favorites, Windows Live Security, Windows Live Office, Windows Live etc...

I guess Google can't handle it...

BTW: Live Messenger has already been hacked and patched so it's not only for internals or specific beta people *sigh*

• User profile image
    Shiv

yeup i too had problem loging in to my gmail now.its working now. the funny thing is that when i have connection problems i type google.com and test if its loaded.  since it failed 5 minutes back  i disconnected and connected again Smiley and when i did not get it again i came to channel9 and it loaded perfectly ,well this shows no site can be online always Wink

• User profile image
    Heywood_J

What's up with all these people who freak out and post messages to a forum somewhere every time a particular website goes down for a few minutes???

Jeez.  Take a break and go do something else for a while.

If Google is down for more than a week, then you've got something to talk about.

• User profile image
    Shiv

Heywood_J wrote:
    What's up with all these people who freak out and post messages to a forum somewhere every time a particular website goes down for a few minutes???

Jeez.  Take a break and go do something else for a while.

If Google is down for more than a week, then you've got something to talk about.

Thanks a lot man i too sometime back made a comment like this and i now feel how i could have hurt others

• User profile image
    billh

Maybe they were working on their Library Project:

The editorial wrote:
    Internet behemoth Google, plans to launch their Library project in November. It plans to scan the entire contents of the Stanford, Harvard and University of Michigan libraries and make what it calls "snippets" of the works available online, for free.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.