Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Problems with the .net Framework 2.0 RTM !

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Skriker V1.0

I’m having problems with the .net Framework 2.0 RTM. I’ve tried to install it on 3 machines now, as follows…

Clean install Windows XP Pro SP2

Run Windows update

Install IIS

Install Redistributable 2.0 RTM

Install SDK 2.0 RTM

Run the setup for the quick start tutorials
    (This then asks if I want to download and install the SQL Express stuff)

After it downloads and tries to install I get an error and the only option is to role back the SQL install?

Any one had this problem? Sad

• User profile image
    IceFreak2000

Skriker V1.0 wrote:

After it downloads and tries to install I get an error and the only option is to role back the SQL install?

So what's the error?

• User profile image
    footballism

One annoying thing with the Quick Start Tutorial is that the setup programme only check the existence of SQL Server Express edition, I have SQL Server Developer edition installed on my machine, and the setup programme doesn't recognize its existence.

Sheva

• User profile image
    Skriker V1.0

16:53:24 03 November 2005: [Info] Config_SSE_INST_Install: SQL Express service install (installing)
    16:53:24 03 November 2005: [Info] Config_SSE_INST_Install: SQL Express service install (installing): Source: C:\Documents and Settings\Iain Rae Lennox.MENTORX\Local Settings\Temp\SQLEXPR32.exe
    16:55:41 03 November 2005: [Fail] Config_SSE_INST_Install: SQL Express service install (failed): [Fail] Config_SSE_INST_Install: SQL Express service install (failed). The process did not return a success value. ExitCode: 28111 Command: 'C:\Documents and Settings\Iain Rae Lennox.MENTORX\Local Settings\Temp\SQLEXPR32.exe -q /norebootchk /qn reboot=ReallySuppress addlocal=all SCCCHECKLEVEL=IncompatibleComponents:1 instancename=SQLEXPRESS'.
    16:55:41 03 November 2005: [Begin Samples Rollback]
    17:02:49 03 November 2005: [Info] Config_SSE_DNLD_UnInstall: SQL Express installer package download, remove local file (uninstalling)
    17:02:49 03 November 2005: [Info] Config_SSE_DNLD_UnInstall: SQL Express installer package download, remove local file (skipping)
    17:02:49 03 November 2005: [Pass] Config_SSE_DNLD_UnInstall: SQL Express installer package download, remove local file (uninstalled)

• User profile image
    Skriker V1.0

17:14:50 03 November 2005: [Info] Config_IIS_Install: Creating IIS Virtual Directories: QuickStartv20\howto\Samples\adoplus\XmlFromSqlSrv\VB\XmlFromSqlSrv
    17:14:50 03 November 2005: [Pass] Config_IIS_Install: Created IIS virtual directory: QuickStartv20\howto\Samples\adoplus\XmlFromSqlSrv\VB\XmlFromSqlSrv
    17:14:50 03 November 2005: [Info] Installing ASP.NET Scriptmaps. Command: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/ROOT/QuickStartv20
    17:14:51 03 November 2005: [Fail] Config_IIS_Install: IIS (Internet Information Services) Virtual Directory Registration (failed): [Fail] Failed to install ASP.NET Scriptmaps. Command: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/ROOT/QuickStartv20
    17:14:51 03 November 2005: [Begin Samples Rollback]

• User profile image
    lorad

Had a similar problem. Any time I installed the IDE first then SQL server nothing worked.

SQL Server first then the IDE and had no issues.

Jeff

• User profile image
    Karim

Skriker V1.0 wrote:
    16:55:41 03 November 2005: [Fail] Config_SSE_INST_Install: SQL Express service install (failed): [Fail] Config_SSE_INST_Install: SQL Express service install (failed). The process did not return a success value. ExitCode: 28111 Command: 'C:\Documents and Settings\Iain Rae Lennox.MENTORX\Local Settings\Temp\SQLEXPR32.exe -q /norebootchk /qn reboot=ReallySuppress addlocal=all SCCCHECKLEVEL=IncompatibleComponents:1 instancename=SQLEXPRESS'.

I don't know what IncompatibleComponents it found.  Are you at MDAC 2.8?

Agreed if you do the SQL Server 2005 install first, you may see the specific error from the System Configuration Check:

(from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsse/html/sseoverview.asp)

This may help you identify the Incompatible Component.

The other errors you posted seem to follow from the failed SQL Server install (i.e. aspnet_regiis.exe will fail because it is trying to create tables in SQL Server, and the SQL Server doesn't exist!)  Good luck...

• User profile image
    Skriker V1.0

Will give it a go now, the thing that i could not uinderstand is that this was a box with a clean install. oh well Wink thanks for the help/advice

Iain

• User profile image
    Steve411

Skriker V1.0 wrote:
    I’m having problems with the .net Framework 2.0 RTM. I’ve tried to install it on 3 machines now, as follows…

Clean install Windows XP Pro SP2

Run Windows update

Install IIS

Install Redistributable 2.0 RTM

Install SDK 2.0 RTM

Run the setup for the quick start tutorials
    (This then asks if I want to download and install the SQL Express stuff)

Any one had this problem?

Clean Install (no XP2 Yet)

Install XP SP2

Reboot (release those resources)

Install .NET Framework 2.0

Reboot (release those resources..i hope Vista isnt like this)

Install SDK, and VS if you have it.

Install IIS

Install SQL Server

Reboot

Clean %temp% and temp.

- Steve

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.