Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Will the real Scoble please stand up

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    FXEF

Scoble your blog post certainly makes sense, however from all indications this is not Microsoft's plan at the present time. You wrote "We CAN NOT chase Google’s tailpipes. Audiences NEVER go for copies". Just look at Microsoft Live Beta, if Google slammed on the brakes..... what a mess.

• User profile image
    eagle

The Real Scobleizer can be found on over 100 Channel9 videos.

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

At the risk of feeding trolls..

FEFX, At first glance, sure, things are the same.. But, the more you look, you see subtle differences, if you care to see it. If you are looking for an excuse to bash, simply look at the web pages, and dismiss it, which, perhaps you already have. 

It's that kind of underestimation which makes me feel pretty safe (in terms of job security) working with Microsoft technology. it's the groups like the Mono project which, to me, are real competitors: they didn't dismiss C# and the CLR as a complete rip-off of Java. They saw the similarities, saw the differences, and are exploiting them (in a good way, I think). 

People who simply give a glance at something, and very vocally dismiss it, I'm not too worried about them. They're overcompensating.. Wink

• User profile image
    FXEF

MisterDonut wrote:

At the risk of feeding trolls..

FEFX, At first glance, sure, things are the same.. But, the more you look, you see subtle differences, if you care to see it. If you are looking for an excuse to bash, simply look at the web pages, and dismiss it, which, perhaps you already have. 

It's that kind of underestimation which makes me feel pretty safe (in terms of job security) working with Microsoft technology. it's the groups like the Mono project which, to me, are real competitors: they didn't dismiss C# and the CLR as a complete rip-off of Java. They saw the similarities, saw the differences, and are exploiting them (in a good way, I think). 

People who simply give a glance at something, and very vocally dismiss it, I'm not too worried about them. They're overcompensating..

MisterDonut
    Maybe I'm a little shallow, please point out those subtle differences you are referring to. I will also have to admit I didn't look long after I was hit by this:
     Firefox Users
    Firefox support is coming soon. Please be patient Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.