Coffeehouse Thread

22 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

wanna sky dive in 3D chat environment?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Shiv

that is what "There" does. yes "There" is the name of a 3D enviroment to chat,play and explore the world ( virtual that is ) with physics that lets us do activites like surf , sky dive etc. some really cool features.

Here's what the site says about "There":

Check out all the fun things to do!
    There is an online getaway where you can hang out with your friends and meet new ones--all in a lush 3D environment that's yours to explore! Check out the pictures below for just a glimpse of what you'll find in There. Then sign up for a free trial and see it all for yourself!

The home page Says that basic membership is now free, but the Registeration seems to have been closed for maintenance now between 5 and 6:30 am PT,hence i was not able to check their conditions just thought of informing to all niners.

site address is http://www.there.com/index.html

What do you think about it?

• User profile image
    billh

I remember hearing about 3-D chat back in 1997...I had a friend who beta-tested some of the software, but it never seemed to catch on with the general public.  I remember seeing a "comic book" character type chat a few years ago...it'll be interesting to see how this all works for people. 

Or, as they say on AOL, peeps.

* cringe *

Most of the chatroom conversations I've seen, though, really don't have any depth to them.  Maybe this will change?  Essentially, chat room banter in any dimension (2-D, 3-D, or in 2025 4-D) will still be dreck most of the time.

I wonder how many weeks it will be before somebody finds/builds a "hot coffee mod"?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

billh wrote:
    I remember hearing about 3-D chat back in 1997...I had a friend who beta-tested some of the software, but it never seemed to catch on with the general public.  I remember seeing a "comic book" character type chat a few years ago...it'll be interesting to see how this all works for people. 

Or, as they say on AOL, peeps.

* cringe *

Most of the chatroom conversations I've seen, though, really don't have any depth to them.  Maybe this will change?

I wonder how many weeks it will be before somebody finds/builds a "hot coffee mod"?

Done ages ago.

Go play SecondLife, £20 says you won't go an hour without seeing someone acting out cybersex using their "leet actions" made using their cracked copies of Poser.

• User profile image
    geekling

There has been "dead" for awhile.

SecondLife absorbed most of their community.

• User profile image
    rhm

geekling wrote:
    There has been "dead" for awhile.

SecondLife absorbed most of their community.

Free basic accounts at the moment.

• User profile image
    rhm

Anything that bet it's future on Java in the late '90s was doomed to failure.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

rhm wrote:
    Anything that bet it's future on Java in the late '90s was doomed to failure.

I don't know... JSP and Netbeans did pretty well.

As did eBay.

• User profile image
    geekling

Through enough rocks into a pond and you'll inevitably hit a fish?

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Oh god, SecondLife, the worst rendering engine on the whole wide world. And it's all about cybersex.

• User profile image
    rhm

W3bbo wrote:
    rhm wrote:Anything that bet it's future on Java in the late '90s was doomed to failure.

As did eBay.

Companies, not technologies.

And ebay was based on Java? News to me.

• User profile image
    rhm

Tom Servo wrote:
    Oh god, SecondLife, the worst rendering engine on the whole wide world. And it's all about cybersex.

And griefing, judging by your tag-line.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Tom Servo wrote:

Even worse, cybersex between goths and furries!

rhm wrote:
    W3bbo wrote:
    rhm wrote:Anything that bet it's future on Java in the late '90s was doomed to failure.

As did eBay.

Companies, not technologies.

And ebay was based on Java? News to me.

See this screenshot

• User profile image
    rhm

Hmmm. Although it's possible it uses java somewhere, the URL "http://my.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...." kind tells me they're not using JSP or Servlets for the main application.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

rhm wrote:
    And griefing, judging by your tag-line.

If you're one of these oversensitive furry douchebag SL whiners that buys into any sort of W-Hat conspiracy ever thought and hyped up within SL forums, please go kill yourself now. Otherwise, you're welcome on our sim.

Thanks.

• User profile image
    rhm

Tom Servo wrote:
    rhm wrote:And griefing, judging by your tag-line.

If you're one of these oversensitive furry douchebag SL whiners that buys into any sort of W-Hat conspiracy ever thought and hyped up within SL forums, please go kill yourself now. Otherwise, you're welcome on our sim.

Thanks.

So you admit it? Great!

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

I've admitted nothing. I've just called you a gullible whiner. That's about it.

--edit: cut my rant, whatever.

For that matter, I don't even know why I'm arguing about it ON THIS SITE. Jesus Christ!

• User profile image
    Karim

Tom Servo wrote:
    I've admitted nothing. I've just called you a gullible whiner. That's about it.

--edit: cut my rant, whatever.

For that matter, I don't even know why I'm arguing about it ON THIS SITE. Jesus Christ!

Sounds like your "Second Life" sucks at least as much as most first ones.  LOL

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

I play SecondLife only because I get to build stuff and script it. What's pissing me off about this game is that a group of virtual perverts, with bags full of double standards, is getting the members of our group banned over stupid crap.

Rhm is probably just mad, because one of our members managed to take down the whole game by accident with a script, because one safety mechanism of their game simply didn't work at all. Like half of the rest of the game.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.