Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

VS Launch DVD pictures...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    blowdart
  • User profile image
    martin_lovi​ck

we waaants it.......we neeeds it......

• User profile image
    Karim

[author claws display with fingernails, trying to peel DVD from screen]

• User profile image
    W3bbo

blowdart wrote:
    looks like it is VS standard ...

Ah well, I was going to get it for £80 from an AER later on anyway.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Why not wait for the Torrent later Wink

PLEASE NOTE:  Im only joking, piracy is wrong.

• User profile image
    BenZilla

rjdohnert wrote:
    Why not wait for the Torrent later

Later?

Ohohohohoho, i'm joking Big Smile

Express edition is how I roll Big Smile

• User profile image
    W3bbo

rjdohnert wrote:

All the "leet" script-kiddies use the 'torrented version, besides, they're usually missing MSDN, support CDs, and the posters.

Got to have the posters Smiley

• User profile image
    PeterH

W3bbo wrote:

Got to have the posters

That's true.

Getting it soon Smiley Thank god for academia.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

PeterH wrote:
    W3bbo wrote:
    Got to have the posters

That's true.

Getting it soon Thank god for academia.

Well, technically its not legal for us.

Microsoft's AER program, the "Academic Edition" of VS, and "Academically-priced" versions of other VS products are only applicable to University / HE students. I'm still in FE, so I technically don't qualify, but I didn't seem to have any problem ordering mine over t'internet.

• User profile image
    Alt-F4

W3bbo wrote:

Got to have the posters

Ahh, possssters...

• User profile image
    eddwo

I ordered VS Standard Academic from GreyMatter, they wanted a scanned copy of my Student ID card, but it seems to have gone through OK. It won't be dispatched until the 1st of December, but C# Express will keep me occupied until then.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

Thats the exact case my DVD's came in... unfortunately we didn't receive any posters at the Ottawa Launch. Hopefully they'll be downloadable from somewhere on the Microsoft website, or atleast be in a package you can purchase.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

rjdohnert wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if those things had viruses or whatever... a lot of them do.  Someone I know had a key gen for something that was a trojan installer.

• User profile image
    Manip

DoomBringer wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised if those things had viruses or whatever... a lot of them do.  Someone I know had a key gen for something that was a trojan installer.

At least nobody is fear mongering, right?

• User profile image
    irascian

Tyler Brown wrote:
    Thats the exact case my DVD's came in... unfortunately we didn't receive any posters at the Ottawa Launch. Hopefully they'll be downloadable from somewhere on the Microsoft website, or atleast be in a package you can purchase.

Microsoft are always bad at making posters generally available. There was an excellent XML DOM poster they produced a while back that you could get at TechEd but it was a nightmare trying to get hold of a copy if you weren't there.

As for the VS2005 posters, based on past experience if we're lucky they may get bundled in with a Microsoft Press book package (like the series they gave away with the huge but not exactly essential .NET Framework 1.1 Reference library) otherwise it'll be down to having to pay money for the full product. This has always been the weakness of going the MSDN route if you don't need much other than Visual Studio or Office - you miss out on the useful stuff shoved in the box in the retail packages (which, annoyingly, can also differ between the upgrade and full versions).

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.