Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Coding4Fun website

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    martin_lovi​ck

I think that the picture of the kid on the coding 4 fun website is bad and wrong.

That kid's going to end up with rsi or something because he is plainly using the keyboard wrong.

We are all told by the Health and Safety at work gang that having to stretch to reach the keyboard mean that its in the wrong position and this can leed to rsi.

Is this REALLY the image that microsoft are trying to puvey of programmers.....

...just some thoughts

• User profile image
    W3bbo

"Tonight on Channel9: When pedantics go bad!"

• User profile image
    Angus

W3bbo wrote:

You use the word "pedantic" or variations of it way too much, for example, the last two times I spoke to you, you used it towards me, and those two times were in the space of about 6 hours. I do agree, this post is slightly stupid, if I am allowed to say so much.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Angus wrote:
    You use the word "pedantic" or variations of it way too much, for example, the last two times I spoke to you, you used it towards me, and those two times were in the space of about 6 hours. I do agree, this post is slightly stupid, if I am allowed to say so much.

How unexpected, a pedantic post about my use of the word pedantic.

I mirth Smiley

• User profile image
    irascian

W3bbo wrote:

When they go bad do they mistakenly use the word "pedantics" when they mean "pedants" ? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Manip

Someone has been abusing word of the day.... Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Manip

You guys need to stop using such esoteric words that everyone has to look up.. Cool

• User profile image
    koorb

When the site was launched they had a picture of a twenty-something year old guy with a laptop, messyhair (typical student) and tattoos. And students are one of the demographics that Microsoft is trying to target with the site, but some people complained that they weren't young and hip like the guy in the picture, so Microsoft chained it to the kid.

Can we please stop this complaining!? The picture could be far worse.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

koorb wrote:
    When the site was launched they had a picture of a twenty-something year old guy with a laptop, messyhair (typical student) and tattoos. And students are one of the demographics that Microsoft is trying to target with the site, but some people complained that they weren't young and hip like the guy in the picture, so Microsoft chained it to the kid.

How about the time when a banner on Microsoft.com used stock imagery of an Apple iBook?

• User profile image
    Karim

W3bbo wrote:
    Angus wrote: You use the word "pedantic" or variations of it way too much, for example, the last two times I spoke to you, you used it towards me, and those two times were in the space of about 6 hours. I do agree, this post is slightly stupid, if I am allowed to say so much.

How unexpected, a pedantic post about my use of the word pedantic.

You mean, a didactic post about your use of the word pedantic.  Wink

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.