Coffeehouse Thread

17 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Disruption...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

http://scobleizer.wordpress.com/2005/11/03/yahoos-new-pretty-maps-are-doomed-and-so-are-microsofts/

Scoble: "That will require telling the bean counters to sit down and be quiet. That won’t be easy. Like I said, they run the world, and we are rapacious, greedy, businesspeople who don’t like to share a service that costs tens of millions of dollars). Google knows this and is laughing all the way to the bank."

Note to Steveb:  Listen to Scoble!

* on that note...  here's a non-sensical googlepark about who's selling who.. Wink 

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

lmfao i could never imagine him as Robocop

• User profile image
    NetRyder

"Google acceptable limit of non-evil jet fuel exhaust"

Hahaha! I loved that. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Karim

LOL another classic...

Why is it that the least human characters (the Sales Aliens) also have the most personality?

Perhaps in their attempts to emulate humans, the actor became the role...

"Once you can fake sincerity, you've got it made."

-- Anon.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Just noticed one of the stranger DNS things I've seen while trying to access Alexa:

$ ping www.alexa.com

Pinging www.alexa.com [127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

Alexa used to work on my school's (college) network...

• User profile image
    jamie

Beer28 wrote:
    Steve's super power is chair chucking, not superman style eye lasers.

that was his old power.   Since windows/office "Live" - his new power apparently appears to be ad sales...for services ...available...in three tiers...some paid... for 12 versions ...of Vista.... How is that...easy?

he will need to be the 6 billion dollar salesman to pull this one off  :O

• User profile image
    jamie

the proceeding 3 posts were a disruption to this disruption about disruption!

Wink

• User profile image
    Tonatiúh

jamie wrote:

Yes... Far a departure... Isn't it?

Tonatiúh

• User profile image
    Karim

jamie wrote:

That's Beer's strategy now.  Don't you recall this post?

Beer28 wrote:
    If they do harass me, as myspace has, unduly. I unequivically promise to relinquish all of my work tasks, as it will no longer benefit me to have a job, and come on this and other MS forums and post every hour of every day, for the rest of my life.

If I am stopped, I will come back in another means through another network pathway. And I will post my comments and opinions, in a nonstop stream for life.

I will not do this in consequence, but because I will then no longer have anything constructive to do.

The funny part is when he posts a non sequitur, and then 2 minutes later, when he thinks of a follow up, he adds another post instead of editing his original non sequitur.

That's his new job -- to piss all over Channel 9.

• User profile image
    Karim

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:
    Just noticed one of the stranger DNS things I've seen while trying to access Alexa:
    $ ping www.alexa.com

Pinging www.alexa.com [127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:

And now we all know why you call yourself "CannotResolveSymbol."  <icy stare>

• User profile image
    jamie

<scoble>Disruption!</scoble> * we should patent that code  haha

How about:   You buy Windows - to not be tracked or have ads - and Windows live is all free.
    how much would that ( 19th?!!) version of Vista cost? ;p

Edit:  A choice of Kodac enabled My Pictures ...hmm  an option to use Nikon or Canons offering instead? hmmm -

To me that is like google ad sense - only built in to windows unobtrusively - the best of the best

before manip says - AD Alert! - would that be ads?  MS gets partner revenue - but we get to say - um - i dont want windows basic for My Pictures folder - Ill use Canon - as they make my camera - conversley - Man the canon My Pictures is lame to MS's - ill use that instead!

C:\documents\food\supermakets\loblaws  enter

to me that wouldnt be an ad - IF - it "rewarded" me as an influential Wink
    Somethings dont need to be "ads".  Placement can be as useful as adwords to get away from - tier one service - tier 2 service...  KISS (keep it simple stupid)

• User profile image
    Minh

Love that Steve Austin.... er... Balmer. Maybe too last-century for some of the kids? Smiley

• User profile image
    Jemm

Great stuff, as usual, Jamie! Smiley

If Scoble has Scoble Sense, do the Google-guys have AdSense? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Steve411

<Bill>

STFU about Linux, THIS IS ABOUT GOOGLE AND MICROSOFT!

</Bill>

You rock JAMIE!
    - Steve

• User profile image
    Larry​Osterman

Minh wrote:
    Love that Steve Austin.... er... Balmer. Maybe too last-century for some of the kids?

Personally, I liked the new "google-jet" tie-in.  Even if Jamie's google-jet was a 747, not a 757...

• User profile image
    Karim

LarryOsterman wrote:

Personally, I liked the new "google-jet" tie-in.  Even if Jamie's google-jet was a 747, not a 757...

Joo know, Tattoo, I belief that Google purchased a 767, not a 757... they are having the interior outfitted in rich, Corinthian leather... similar to the Chrysler Cordoba...

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Hehe....not too mcshabby Jamie. Tongue Out

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.