Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Apple and BA

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

Interesting.

...now why doesn't Microsoft do this?

• User profile image
    Sabot

W3bbo wrote:
    Interesting.

...now why doesn't Microsoft do this?

BA are just trying to score cheap points, because Apple are cool right now and they aren't. I hear that an Apple is just about the only decent thing you get to eat of their flights these days.

Anyway, anyone else suffering for Apple over-exposure?

I got so mad when I discovered that iTunes (and the American version at that) was automatically installed with Quicktime with the latest version.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Sabot wrote:
    I got so mad when I discovered that iTunes (and the American version at that) was automatically installed with Quicktime with the latest version.

Tried the Standalone Installer?

• User profile image
    Manip

Yes let's all use QuickTime and then pay Apple money to view things in full screen... 8-)

Frankly I prefer the BBC Edition of Real Player over QuickTime, because at least with that free Real Player you can view in full screen and it can stream content well.

• User profile image
    Sabot

Thanks guys for the alternatives to using Quicktime ... this is the way forward for me.

As for Real Player, we'll I'm not actually a fan. I actually put my hand in my pocket once and brought it, but they kept on trying to take payments, so I told them to stop and then my player stopped working when I requested the next update.

• User profile image
    Manip

I'm not a fan of either QuickTime or Real Player but out of two bad alternatives I'd have to say the BBC Edition of Real Player gets the job done better for their own content compared to QuickTime.

I use WinAmp for music (including iTunes music); Media Player for movies and PowerDVD for DVD Video. I hope Microsoft never does buy out AOL simply because they would kill off WinAmp or make it more like Media Player in either case it is a bad move.

• User profile image
    Cairo

Sabot wrote:

No.

• User profile image
    Cairo

Zeo wrote:

Apple has to increase those downloaded and installed numbers.....to keep the hype machine growing...

Without the advantage of being able to push it out via Windows Update.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

Sabot wrote:

Yes.

• User profile image
    Sabot

DoomBringer wrote:
    Sabot wrote:

Yes.

Glad it's not just me!

I've got a Creative Zen Sleek, it can do everything an iPod can and has an FM radio which is used just as much as the MP3 player. So it's a better device for the around the same price.

I think we should all take a step back from thinking Apple is wonderful, because we could miss out on devices like the Sleek.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.