Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

What the heck gives with the new MSDN home page?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Wil

Whose idea was this?  And why?

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

What's wrong with it?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Looks exactly the same to me, spare the inclusion of some new graphics.

• User profile image
    Manip

What is the problem?

When, by the way, is MSDN going to add *REAL* search to their site?

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

Apart from the fact that is breaks in Firefox, what's the problem?

Still usable, even if it looks a tad ridiculous.

• User profile image
    WiredCoder

Wil wrote:
    Whose idea was this?  And why?

I'll confess, it was my idea... Why? Because I'm mad!!! Perplexed

• User profile image
    irascian

I'm a bit disappointed with the page having read a blog entry about the "relaunch" of various MSDN sites with the new "hero" graphics. I wondered what they meant by "hero" and now I know - ridiculously large!

On the other hand you can't blame them for wanting to make a song and dance about these new releases - they've been a long time coming. At least nobody who's a regular MSDN surfer can complain that they "didn't know" the new releases were out now.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

All of Microsoft's sites have been going over to their new .NET template over the past few years. Which is why you see consistency now. Not sure if you've even been to Microsoft Germany or Microsoft Chinas sites a shile back, but they were WAAAY off branding Smiley

Just consistency you'll see going on...

Here's an example of a sitelet still on the old Microsoft template:
    http://www.microsoft.com/sharepoint/downloads/components/default.asp

I'm sure it will take a while to get a few hundred thousand pages up to snuff Smiley

• User profile image
    Simo

Large round of applause for the first person that manages to put a 'Not' in front of the Ready to GO graphic.

• User profile image
    Khamul

Michael Griffiths wrote:
    Apart from the fact that is breaks in Firefox, what's the problem?

Face it. Half of Microsoft.com "breaks" in Firefox, at some points actually restricting the download of content. IETabs (recommended, by the way) is only a work around for the many websites that just haven't caught onto the fact that Internet Explorer just isn't the only* browser anymore.

* Don't even think about taking this literally! I get taken literally too much on the internet.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.