Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Microsoft's Secret International Student Site (USA too)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Manip

I ran across a Microsoft site that advertises -

Microsoft wrote:
    All you have to do is verify your student status and you can download Visual Studio .NET 2003 Academic Edition or have it mailed to you* for just $25 (US).

*shipping only available in certain countries/regions

I checked the site out, it is owned by Microsoft (as per the DNS) and is mentioned several times in Microsoft press releases on Microsoft.com.

You have to jump though some hoops to prove you are in fact a student but for $25 who cares?

Edit: Forgot to link to the site http://www.theSpoke.net Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Angus

Also, soon they will be releasing VS2005 aswell, well I gather as much from the website: http://www.theSpoke.net right?

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Manip

I haven't faxed in my student validation information just yet so I'll have to get back to you on when VS2005 is going to be on the site.

The site does suggest that you can get VS2005 for *free* if you want to download it instead of having it mailed out to you.

This site appears to work in MOST countries including the USA, UK, Canada etc...

• User profile image
    martin_lovi​ck

i remember being a student....ah memories

• User profile image
    Angus

This is one of the great things about having a School SMART Card, my friend just scanned his and e-mailed it to them. Manip, how are you validating your status as a student?

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Manip

I don't have a scanner, so I'm going down to the local copy place, have them photocopy my student ID + time table and then fax that along with the cover sheet.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.