Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Free Ubuntu Disks

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Angus

OK, I know that this could be a touchy subject, what with some people being very involved in Linux, and others thinking the only good use for Linux disks, is for insane models and clothing; but I was quite interested to hear that http://www.ubuntu.com is giving away CDs and DVDs of their distro by the truck load, you can have 50 disks ordered to your door, no questions asked. Need I say it is free, if anyone is getting a bit warey, I am not saying anything about what I think of Ubauntu, but merely informing you of the offer currently available.

What do you think?

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    W3bbo

My "Linux Friend", Thom (who many of you saw hanging out with me at DDD2) deals those too.

I've got about 4 of them here.

• User profile image
    Angus

I got about 50, still to be distributed.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    sbc

Still awaiting mine (one for each platform). Ordered a week before the current version came out.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

They've been doing this for awhile now...it happens when Mark Shuttleworth is your funder...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.