Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Launch Tour 2005 - Questions

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Matt_Rajca

Hello!

Will I get the full version of Visual Studio and SQL Server or just a demo or trial?

Mateusz

• User profile image
    irascian

You'll get the Standard edition of both products. No demo or trial - it's the full version.

• User profile image
    Matt_Rajca

Thank You.

One more thing:

Will you get it if you just attend the Microsoft Keynote?

Mateusz

• User profile image
    Matt_Rajca
  • User profile image
    irascian

Matt_Rajca wrote:

I swear to God this place really has turned into Microsoft's own Slashdot!

FX: Takes deep breath....

That link is to a general site for information about VS2005. It has nothing to do with what's being given away on the road show and contains an "Evaluate" link for the general public wanting to evaluate the software before buying. It will no doubt still be there long after the road show has finished.

It doesn't take much to look back through a few threads here on Channel 9 to find details of what's being given at the launch roadshow - there are even photo's of the CDs.

• User profile image
    vandil

At the SF launch yesterday, I got a copy of Visual Studio 2005 Professional, and SQL Server 2005 Standard.

• User profile image
    Jaz

o got a copy of VS2005 pro, no idea on which SQL.

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

Hey you know, if a developer really wanted it he could get it easyly on the net. Go to thing to interact with fellow devs, make connections, piracy is just so simple now a days i would never go to a conference just to get software.

Go to have fun!

• User profile image
    androidi

DevilsRejection wrote:
    Hey you know, if a developer really wanted it he could get it easyly on the net. Go to thing to interact with fellow devs, make connections, piracy is just so simple now a days i would never go to a conference just to get software.

If there's enough piracy, there will be eventually be enough incentive to put copy protections such that there simply will be no more piracy (for a while). However if you then decided that you want to purchase the product finally, you'll be paying also for the protection in some manner and possible adverse effects that may come if it's not perfectly implemented.

I definetely do not like the idea that every program installs its own kernel level protection driver that's scanning for other hidden drivers trying to disable the protections etc. Alternative to that is to require everyone being online and have part of the app always at remote server. Depending on how strict Vista is with the drivers, we might just avoid some of the cat & mouse between different drivers, but it looks like for XP there's already that especially if looking at what's happening with PC games.

• User profile image
    Matt_Rajca

One more Q. Do you get the Software in Chicago or only in San Francisico.

Mateusz:D

• User profile image
    JPeless

I got Sql 2005 Standard (1 CAL) and Visual Studio 2005 Standard in Detroit.  Full versions.

Actually, unless the marketing info on the version comparison page is just wrong, VS 2005 Standard, at least what I received, is better than it shows.  I can build MSIs (even though it says only ClickOnce deployment is supported) and do VS plug-ins (although I, personally, don't). 

Jared

• User profile image
    Matt_Rajca

Thank You

• User profile image
    eagle

I got mine today in Las Vegas, it's the real deal!

Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition 2 DVD's

SQL Server 2005  Standard Edition  2 DVD's

and an offer for BizTalk 2006!!!

They each say Not For Resale.....NFR

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.