Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Free "Special Edition" Software even if you don't attend city event?!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    irascian

Am I reading this wrong or is it saying that if you can't attend the City events and simply watch the live webcasts instead you'll also get the free "Special Edition" software (ie VS2005 Standard and SQL Server Standard) so long as you register upfront for the webcasts?

• User profile image
    Manip

You are reading it wrong. I don't see anything about web-casts on that page or the page it links to.

• User profile image
    eddwo

"Offer only good to registered launch event attendees. Must be present at event to receive software packages or vouchers for software redemption. "

• User profile image
    irascian

eddwo wrote:
    "Offer only good to registered launch event attendees. Must be present at event to receive software packages or vouchers for software redemption. "

Yes, but notice the highlighted part!

"We're celebrating the launch of Microsoft® Visual Studio 2005® and SQL Server™ 2005 by bringing the best of the show right to you. Join us in the morning for the Best of SQL Server Launch and in the afternoon for the Best of Visual Studio Launch—all free, live, and delivered by your local TechNet and MSDN® Events teams.

So don't worry if you can't attend a major city launch. Attend this special event and you'll get detailed technical information, free software, and the chance to mingle and chat with your peers. Get ready to gain deeper business insight and deliver faster results. Our updated application platforms make it simple to connect, people, processes and information."

My point is that the events are only being held in major cities. This appeared to be an invitation to attend "remotely" (that's how I got the link).

• User profile image
    Tensor

I think these are a series of smaller, live events, through out the US - rather than attending the main launch event, you could attend one of these - if you were in the US.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.