Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

for those of us who recently received a cease & desist letter

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Minh

A potential helpful site for those of us who recently received a cease & desist letter.

http://www.chillingeffects.org/

Do you know your online rights? Have you received a letter asking you to remove information from a Web site or to stop engaging in an activity? Are you concerned about liability for information that someone else posted to your online forum? If so, this site is for you.

• User profile image
    Cairo

Why did you get one?

Can you scan it and post it here?

• User profile image
    Minh

Oh, not for me. I was listening to an IT Conversations podcast

Legal Tips: What You Can Get Away With

and they mentioned the ChillingEffects.org site. BTW, Scoble's in a recent one:

Sound Policy with Denise Howell

It could be just another convenience for Web surfers. Need directions to a location when only the address is mentioned? Want to shop for a book when the page only lists the ISBN number? According to Google, the 3 Beta of its Toolbar seeks to save you time and mouse clicks: "[C]licking the Toolbar's AutoLink button will automatically create a link to an online map (US addresses only)[.] AutoLink can also link package tracking numbers to delivery status, VIN numbers (US) to vehicle history, and publication ISBN numbers to Amazon.com listings."

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Minh wrote:

Am I the only one who seen a similarity? Or am I reaching?

• User profile image
    Karim

LOL Nice... was it Spy magazine that used to have the "Separated at Birth" feature...?

Those pictures just remind me of something else, though...

Hit triple Scobles and win the jackpot....

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Could they possibly have made it more obvious what company NURV was supposed to represent? The location, the antitrust lawsuits, the uber rich CEO... and, of course, let's not forget the worldwide proprietary OS in which they've "loaded a backdoor in every version for the past [x] years"

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.