Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Great newss for me and other hobbiests!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    IRenderable

    FREE EXPRESS VERSIONS OF VISUAL STUDIO

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/download/

    Yes it is real,
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=126606&SiteID=1


    I am dispapointed about the lack of debugger, 64 bit compiling and a few things, but IT'S FREE. I am very happy.

  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

    Lack of debugger?  All the Express Editions have a debugger built in...

  • User profile image
    IRenderable

    CannotResolveSymbol wrote:
    Lack of debugger?  All the Express Editions have a debugger built in...

    ACK! Thats not what I meant. I meant it lacks the /DEBUG option for the CRT debug library.

    I have to manually install the platform SDK... ARGH! Oh well.

  • User profile image
    DoomBringer

    "Great newss for me and other hobbiests!"
    Channeling Gollum, are we? Big Smile

  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

    IRenderable wrote:
    CannotResolveSymbol wrote:Lack of debugger?  All the Express Editions have a debugger built in...

    ACK! Thats not what I meant. I meant it lacks the /DEBUG option for the CRT debug library.

    I have to manually install the platform SDK... ARGH! Oh well.


    OK, I was confused.

  • User profile image
    pikatung

    Yes! Uninstalling all of beta 2 at this moment Big Smile <3

  • User profile image
    Karim

    DoomBringer wrote:
    "Great newss for me and other hobbiests!"
    Channeling Gollum, are we?


    LOL 

    Nasty, tricksy Hobbiests... they took our precioussss...

    But Hobbiests are my friendss...

    You don't have any friendsss... Hobbiests workses for the Evil Eyess in Redmond...

     

  • User profile image
    Andrew Webber FX

    CannotResolveSymbol wrote:
    Lack of debugger?  All the Express Editions have a debugger built in...


    I miss Debug->Windows->Threads Sad

  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

    Beer28 wrote:
    I'm grabbing the .img network install of VC++, just in case.

    as long as it's free.



    Beer this is how the conversion starts you know...

  • User profile image
    Karim

    Beer28 wrote:

    as long as it's free.



    "Nasty Linuxses userss," spat Gollum, "stealing Microsoft's free softwaress."

    Suddenly, the flame-wreathed Eye of Redmond turned its lidless gaze to the east, to the frozen wasteland that was the land of the Moose-riders, eaters of Back Bacon, where Beer stared into the seeing stone of liquid crystal.  Cryptic runes flowed and writhed across the surface of the stone, forming the words in the Common Speak:

         Downloading 27%.

         Downloading 28%.

    And Beer could not avert his gaze from the glowing letters, even as The Eye focused ever closer upon him....


  • User profile image
    PaoloM

    Beer28 wrote:
    I'm grabbing the .img network install of VC++, just in case.

    as long as it's free.


    So all the Stallman posturing, the "free as in speech", the noble idealism, the willingness to stand for your ideals, the indignant and (somehow naive) corp-hatin' ...

    "as long as it's free"?

    Just like the cheapest freeloader? I mean, it's not that surprising but I wasn't expecting such a blatant admission...

  • User profile image
    Steve411

    I'm using VS 05 Pro. Rocks.

    - Steve

  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

    Karim wrote:
    Beer28 wrote:
    as long as it's free.



    "Nasty Linuxses userss," spat Gollum, "stealing Microsoft's free softwaress."

    Suddenly, the flame-wreathed Eye of Redmond turned its lidless gaze to the east, to the frozen wasteland that was the land of the Moose-riders, eaters of Back Bacon, where Beer stared into the seeing stone of liquid crystal.  Cryptic runes flowed and writhed across the surface of the stone, forming the words in the Common Speak:

         Downloading 27%.

         Downloading 28%.

    And Beer could not avert his gaze from the glowing letters, even as The Eye focused ever closer upon him....



    Hmm... six rings for the dwarves... six express products (VB, VC, VC#, VJ#, VWD and SQL), I see a pattern here.

    And three rings for the elves (VS Standard, Professional and Tools for Office).

    And, the one ring... Team System.

  • User profile image
    Steve411

    Karim wrote:
    Beer28 wrote:
    as long as it's free.



    "Nasty Linuxses userss," spat Gollum, "stealing Microsoft's free softwaress."

    Suddenly, the flame-wreathed Eye of Redmond turned its lidless gaze to the east, to the frozen wasteland that was the land of the Moose-riders, eaters of Back Bacon, where Beer stared into the seeing stone of liquid crystal.  Cryptic runes flowed and writhed across the surface of the stone, forming the words in the Common Speak:

         Downloading 27%.

         Downloading 28%.

    And Beer could not avert his gaze from the glowing letters, even as The Eye focused ever closer upon him....




    Keep going with this story, seriously.

    - Steve

  • User profile image
    footballism

    Steve411 wrote:
    I'm using VS 05 Pro. Rocks.

    - Steve

    Ditto

    Sheva

  • User profile image
    irascian

    I think someone needs to change the title of this thread to "Great newss for me and other hobbitses"

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.