Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

codec for ppc

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ics

ive tried to see the videos in my pocket pc but only hear the sound, cant view them. i need a codec?

• User profile image
    Alt-F4

PPC: PocketPC or PowerPC? Big Smile

If you're talking about C9's WMVs on PocketPC, I kinda know what you are talking about. This happens to me once in a while, where the video is just too big for my 312MHz processor to play smoothly, so my screen just shows black. Try plugging your PPC into the wall and turning the processor speed off of power-save. Other than that, I can only suggest getting a vid that uses a smaller resolution.

...In other words, you do not need a codec.

• User profile image
    Red5

You can always take the original video and transform into your own that works on the PPC platform.

Microsoft has the tools
    I use Media Encoder myself for some tasks like this.  It's pretty simple to use.

• User profile image
    GSmith

I use FeederReader to download channel 9 videos direct to my Pocket PC (no desktop required!). Most videos play on my WM2003SE device (520MHz Fujitsu Loox 720) using Windows Media Player 9.

Like "Alt-F4", I can play the videos with Windows Media Player 9 or TCPMP and they play back fine, no codec needed.

Greg Smith
    Author, FeederReader - Pocket PC *direcT* RSS text, audio, video, podcasts
    www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

• User profile image
    ics

thanks all for the answer.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.