Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Domain Controller on VPC 2004

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    codeDebate

I installed Windows 2003 Entrprise Edition on a VPC and created a new domain with the name mydomain and set that machine as a domain controller. I created another VPC with Windows XP SP2 and tried to join it to that domain but it fails!
    I tried to ping from both to the other one...

They can't see each other.. Yes they are on the same subnet and in the same IP range: the server: 194.168.0.25 and the client is: 194.168.0.26

I tried to do the same setup for the server on a real machine and kept the client running as a VPC.. It worked..

Can anybody help here? why I can't run a domain controller on a VPC?

VPC: Virtual PC 2004

• User profile image
    Mike Dimmick

I've successfully set up a domain controller and clients using Virtual Server before. Not tried it with Virtual PC.

It sounds like the VPCs have incompatible network adapter settings. I'm not sure how well they'd work connected to 'Shared Networking (NAT)'. Try either an external network adapter or 'Local only'.

Please note that the Class C private IP address range is 192.168.x.x. Not 194. The 194.168.x.x network belongs to NTL Internet here in the UK.

• User profile image
    codeDebate

It doesn't work too! Perplexed

• User profile image
    ZippyV

You have to configure every network adapter to local.

• User profile image
    codeDebate

its working now Big Smile
    thanks!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.