Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

ASP.NET 2.0: Web Deployment Projects are here

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    bgold

We heard a lot of feedback about the build process and new project system for managing more complex sites, build strategies, and deployment.  As a result, we've been working on a add-in for Visual Studio 2005 that enhances the built in support for MSBuild and the general Web build model.  The code is in Beta, but you can begin using it immediately.

Check out the main page at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wdp/default.aspx

Download the Bits
    Read this article to get started ( seriously Smiley!)
    Provide feedback at the forum / get your questions answered

UPDATE: Great walkthrough from ScottGu here

Enjoy!

From the site:

Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects provide additional functionality for building and deploying Web site applications that you create in ASP.NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. This add-in includes a new tool that enables you to merge the assemblies created during ASP.NET 2.0 precompilation, and it provides a comprehensive UI within Visual Studio 2005 for managing build configurations, merging, and pre-build and post-build task using MSBuild.

• User profile image
    Tonatiúh

Thank you a lot Bgold... Thank you Microsoft... I just hope to be able of enduring such a big self imposed homework.

Tonatiúh

• User profile image
    geekling

Thankfully, addins don't work in the express versions.

• User profile image
    Tonatiúh

geekling wrote:
    Thankfully, addins don't work in the express versions.

Care explaining your statement Geekling?...Please... As Spanish native language parlant I am unable to grasp what you mean and I do not whant to take it the wrong [sarcastic] way.

Tonatiúh

• User profile image
    geekling

Ah, it was a bit of sarcasm on my part, man whose name my keyboard does not have the proper characters for. I thought I would buff up the comment section of this video but did not have anything really noteworthy to say.

• User profile image
    Tonatiúh

geekling wrote:
    [...] man whose name my keyboard does not have the proper characters for. [...]

Tonati[ú<--ALT+163]h... And let me tell you that the way of you have used to reference my name, is the same lovely, because fair and soft, verbal indirection [abstraction] way we Bards use on composing our poetry... Which certainly, though sarcastic it is some times, could not ever be harmful to the soul...

Have you written any kind of poetry Geekling?... If you have ever done it, I will love to know any piece of your authoring.

The Son of the Bard <-- This signature needs less keystrokes than that lovely salutation of you, and I will also love to be called the same way I also call my self.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Thanks for the tip, bgold. Bgood.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.