Coffeehouse Thread

97 posts

Should Beer28 be banned

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Tom Servo

JKelley wrote:
    I'm going to pop my two cents in...  I say no, despite how frustrated I get reading some of his posts.  There will always be people like him around and we have to learn to live with it.

I could maybe deal with it, if he wouldn't derail EVERY thread that's remotely software related, stops doing this triple and quadruple posts because he can't be assed to take another minute to read the thread and consolidate his replies, and frickin' stops trying to argue himself out of the paperbag everytime he's getting cornered (though I was surprised that he didn't try any funny talking when I nailed his nuts on the table with his stupid Zend Optimizer being NOT a JIT). As soon I see him posting in a thread, I'll often stop reading and try to find another topic.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Maurits

j0217995 wrote:
    I would like to see an ignore list moved up the request list for this site.  It would be wonderful

Me too... can we make this a poll?

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

Programous wrote:
    Do we have any solid proof that Beer28 is actually a person, and a highly advanced artificial intelligence that had the misfortune of learning about humans by reading Slashdot comments?

Just a thought....

That's hysterical Smiley

I'm not going to advocate for Beer's banning, but I will say that whever Beer28 "comes back" to Channel9 and posts more, I post less. Channel9 becomes less interesting, less useful, and less engaging - for me personally.

In part this is Beer28 himself, in part it's the reaction to him. The Paris thread is one example, but it is by no means the only example, and it is by no means an isolated incident.

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

Maurits wrote:
    Me too... can we make this a poll?

I dislike Ignore lists because - although they would be useful for individuals - they would make reading the forums for a new member, or someone not registered, mildly confusing.

• User profile image
    Maurits

Michael Griffiths wrote:
    Maurits wrote:Me too... can we make this a poll?

I dislike Ignore lists because - although they would be useful for individuals - they would make reading the forums for a new member, or someone not registered, mildly confusing.

OK, so that's one in favor, and one against...

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

Maurits wrote:

OK, so that's one in favor, and one against...

I'm also against Ignore lists. They're counter-productive to building a community. They add confusion and misunderstanding.

• User profile image
    Karim

rjdohnert wrote:
    We can ruffle his feathers and I know he would be back as Orangie or any of his alternate personalities or get his buddy Mario Zucca to hijack msdn.it or windowsvista.af similar to the way he had lincrosoft.it registered as a proverbial spit in Microsofts face.

Ok, so Beer and Mario Zucca are friends; Zucca works for Tiscali, the Italian ISP?  (Is this the same Mario Zucca who wrote the ASP programming books?)

Beer claimed that he changed "Lincrosoft" to "BeerCo Software" NOT because he got a cease-and-desist from Microsoft, but because lincrosoft.it forced him to "stand down" in a "sordid messy affair."

Lincrosoft.it was never a company; it was never anything more than a web page with the text "Lincrosoft.it" in Comic Sans on it.

And it was created a month after lincrosoft.com by Beer's friend.

What is Beer's problem with Microsoft?  And why does he feel the need to act like a complete jerk and then lie about it?

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

He's probably still mad because he sunk his own car.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Still no word from Beer himself...

• User profile image
    Maurits

Karim wrote:
    he got a cease-and-desist from Microsoft

Did he?
    If he did, why didn't lincrosoft.it?

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

No on principle.

I am not inviting him to dinner or sending him a Christmas card..[6]

• User profile image
    BenZilla

He is someone to laugh at.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Your supposed tempban didn't last long. Get the fsck out again.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Beer, I don't remember ever reading Jonathan insult someone. Can you point me to such an insult?

• User profile image
    Karim

Beer28 wrote:

Microsoft has not sent us anything, and I do not personally know Mr. Zucca.

Yeah, let's assume the fact that you don't personally know him to be a half truth.  So why did you change your company's name?

• User profile image
    Karim

Beer28 wrote:
    TommyCarlier wrote: Beer, I don't remember ever reading Jonathan insult someone. Can you point me to such an insult?

I could search for it, but i'd rather not. And to karim, I don't know him, and that's a whole truth.

You'd rather not, because you're a liar and it doesn't exist.

• User profile image
    Karim

Beer28 wrote:
    TommyCarlier wrote: Beer, I don't remember ever reading Jonathan insult someone. Can you point me to such an insult?

I could search for it, but i'd rather not. And to karim, I don't know him, and that's a whole truth.

So then rjdohnert is a liar?  And you still haven't answered why you changed your company's name.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.