Coffeehouse Thread

97 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Should Beer28 be banned

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Tom Servo

    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

  • User profile image
    Karim

    Beer28 wrote:
    whatever.


    I'm sure that's what you'll say when the judge rules in favor of News Corp., shuts down your empire and sends you off to jail.

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    Someone needs to buy some flame-retardent pants....

  • User profile image
    Tom Servo

    Beer28 wrote:
    search for it then, it's not my responsibility to link you to various threads where Jonathanh has insulted me.

    You must be a great peer in discussions. You know, why would someone making claims actually need to back up those? I mean, really!

  • User profile image
    BenZilla

    I can some up what some of you feel about beer in a single picture.

  • User profile image
    Karim

    Tom Servo wrote:
    Beer28 wrote: search for it then, it's not my responsibility to link you to various threads where Jonathanh has insulted me.

    You must be a great peer in discussions. You know, why would someone making claims actually need to back up those? I mean, really!


    He always does that.  The algorithm goes like this:

    Beer28:  [Insanely improbable claim]

    Other Niner: Prove it.

    Beer28: You look it up, I don't have time to.

  • User profile image
    JChung2006

    No, I don't think he should be banned.

    90% of his posts are uninformed, boring anti-Microsoft, pro-Linux polemic, and the 10% of his posts that don't suck invariably get turned into anti-beer28 threads by people upset by the crap he normally posts.

    Honestly, I wonder why he bothers coming here.  Maybe he gets off on being a contrarian.  Maybe he thinks that coming here is his contribution to the Linux and open source software holy crusade against the infidels of Microsoft and proprietary software.

    Threads like this only encourage him.  So the next time you feel like bashing beer28 for his ridiculous posturing, just move onto the next thread.  Forget about him.

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    JChung2006 wrote:

    No, I don't think he should be banned.

    90% of his posts are uninformed, boring anti-Microsoft, pro-Linux polemic, and the 10% of his posts that don't suck invariably get turned into anti-beer28 threads by people upset by the crap he normally posts.

    Honestly, I wonder why he bothers coming here.  Maybe he gets off on being a contrarian.  Maybe he thinks that coming here is his contribution to the Linux and open source software holy crusade against the infidels of Microsoft and proprietary software.

    Threads like this only encourage him.  So the next time you feel like bashing beer28 for his ridiculous posturing, just move onto the next thread.  Forget about him.



    That's what they said about hitler....

  • User profile image
    irascian

    Michael Griffiths wrote:


    I dislike Ignore lists because - although they would be useful for individuals - they would make reading the forums for a new member, or someone not registered, mildly confusing.


    I don't understand this. An ignore list would be personal to a user and customisable by that user. Anybody new or not registered would see all the postings. They would only be able to ignore the postings of certain users by adding those users to their "Ignore list" which would be part of their profile.

  • User profile image
    Karim

    Beer28 wrote:
    Karim wrote:

    Beer28: You look it up, I don't have time to.


    I have time, I never wrote that I didn't. I'm just not going to.


    LOL So you're not just being a jerk, you're being a petulant jerk? Big Smile

  • User profile image
    JohnAskew

    Karim wrote:
    Beer28 wrote:
    Karim wrote:

    Beer28: You look it up, I don't have time to.


    I have time, I never wrote that I didn't. I'm just not going to.


    LOL So you're not just being a jerk, you're being a petulant jerk?



    Beer: this may help  http://www.m-w.com/

  • User profile image
    dahat

    Beer28 wrote:
    Jonathanh maliciously attacked and insulted me several times, and I thought I should return the compliment finally. Regardless of his mod status.


    So your entire defense for your badmouthing Jonathanh was ‘he did it first’? I can honestly say this is the first time I’ve heard that as an excuse for doing something since... 2nd grade where one classmate hit another who hit them first.

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    dahat wrote:
    Beer28 wrote: Jonathanh maliciously attacked and insulted me several times, and I thought I should return the compliment finally. Regardless of his mod status.


    So your entire defense for your badmouthing Jonathanh was ‘he did it first’? I can honestly say this is the first time I’ve heard that as an excuse for doing something since... 2nd grade where one classmate hit another who hit them first.


    nuh-uh.

  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

    It's even worse: I don't think Jonathan 'did it first'.

  • User profile image
    jonathanh

    This is the post that sent Beer over the top last time:

    AndyC wrote:

    Beer28 wrote: Today I can't even work on it because I have to finish a larger project.

    Exactly, the army of giant atomic monsters is more important. Spyware can wait.

    No no no, you've got it all wrong. FIRST it's suing Dell out of existence. THEN it's earning one MILLION dollars from his Linux security consultancy, based on his l33t hack of SELinux. THEN it's the army of giant atomic monsters.

    The malware millions come fourth.  Or fifth, if his mom makes him clean his room first.

    Edit: I'm guessing the followup didn't help either
  • User profile image
    Maurits

    irascian wrote:
    Michael Griffiths wrote:

    I dislike Ignore lists because - although they would be useful for individuals - they would make reading the forums for a new member, or someone not registered, mildly confusing.


    I don't understand this. An ignore list would be personal to a user and customisable by that user. Anybody new or not registered would see all the postings. They would only be able to ignore the postings of certain users by adding those users to their "Ignore list" which would be part of their profile.


    I think the confusion would arise from conversations like this:

    Dramatis Personae: A, B, C

    A ignores C.  No other "ignore" entries exist.

    A: I like waffles.
    B: I like waffles too.  They're yummy with syrup.
    C: Waffles taste like three-month-old nuclear waste.
    A: I completely agree.

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    jonathanh wrote:

    This is the post that sent Beer over the top last time:

    AndyC wrote:

    Beer28 wrote: Today I can't even work on it because I have to finish a larger project.

    Exactly, the army of giant atomic monsters is more important. Spyware can wait.

    No no no, you've got it all wrong. FIRST it's suing Dell out of existence. THEN it's earning one MILLION dollars from his Linux security consultancy, based on his l33t hack of SELinux. THEN it's the army of giant atomic monsters.

    The malware millions come fourth.  Or fifth, if his mom makes him clean his room first.

    Edit: I'm guessing the followup didn't help either


    Seriously, I expect childish unprofessionalism from the unpaid members of the forums, but I guess I wasn't wrong about my 'mod' predictions.

    Good to see you've grown up over the last few months.

  • User profile image
    Manip

    ScanIAm wrote:
    Seriously, I expect childish unprofessionalism from the unpaid members of the forums, but I guess I wasn't wrong about my 'mod' predictions.

    Good to see you've grown up over the last few months.


    Yeah, I agree, mods on Channel9 should be robots... I mean the fact that these people are human sucks.. They make mistakes and let their emotions dictate their actions... 8-)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.