tekiegirl wrote:Here is how to uninstall Windows Desktop Search (WDS) completely from your PC (step-by-step for those who need it):
1. Click on the Start Menu, then Run.
2. Type cmd in the box and click OK. This will bring up the command line.
3. You should see C:\Documents and Settings\your username>
Type cd.. then press the enter or return key. Do this again.
4. The display should now read C:\>
Type cd windows (or what ever directory windows was installed to, in most cases this is windows) and press enter again.
5. You should now have C:\windows\>
Type the following and press enter:
$NtUninstallKB917013$\spuninst\spuninst.exe /q /promptrestart
6. A box will now appear to confirm the WDS has been uninstalled and asks you to restart. Once you have restarted the PC WDS is gone!
or just type %windir%\$NtUninstallKB917013$\spuninst\spuninst.exe /q /promptrestart in the Run prompt