Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Channel 9 Feature Request - Downloadable 'paranoid corporation friendly' videos

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dcshadow

Hi guys,
    Sorry if this is not the right place to post a message such as this but couldn't at first glance see anywhere more suitable...anyhoo..

Could I possibly, humbly and with a puppy-eye-stare request that the powers that be for Channel9 implement a way for ...

<stressRelease direction="management" happier="true">
    those of us fortunate enough to work for enterprises that have an anally-retentive security policy which takes offence to someone even thinking about viewing streaming video (of the work-related variety) from their workstation.

<disembark from soap-box withoutSlipping="true"/>
    </stressRelease>

... article videos to be published on Channel9 for download.

It saddens me that I miss out on your very usefull articles whilst at work, and quite frankly am to damn tired in the evening to view them from home...there's also the small factor of the other half wanting to see me or something like that.

I hope you can oblige or tell me that plans are already in place.

Thank you sirs, and keep up the great work.

David, Glasgow-UK,
    (Stressed after two of three days of holding interviews) - (now chilling on Channel9 with DotNetRocks on the headphones) - (and a couple of shots from Starbucks)

• User profile image
    juliankay

I always watch Channel 9 at work. Seeing as my company deals with Microsoft Products it seems like the best place to do it.

(I also listen to .Net Rocks on my earphones while in the office! Wink

• User profile image
    robert

Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=Channel+9&DisplayLang=en and be pleasantly suprised. The only slightly annoying is not all videos are available yet. It would be great if the chris brumme and Anders video appeared soon.

• User profile image
    lenn

robert wrote:
    Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=Channel+9&DisplayLang=en and be pleasantly suprised. The only slightly annoying is not all videos are available yet. It would be great if the chris brumme and Anders video appeared soon.

I see you have found our work in progress Wink To answer your plea ... yes we are going to make all of the current and prior videos available for download from Channel 9.  We are still in process and have not set up the links from the video pages on Channel 9 but those will be there soon.  In the meantime some of them can be found at the link above.  We should have this done in the next week and you can expect to see each new video posted with a downloadable video as well.  Thanks again for the suggestion, we are listening.

Keep Posting,
    lenn

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

I subscribe to the Microsoft Download Centre RSS feed. I get new channel9 videos every day (often 3-4) from there instead of streaming them.

• User profile image
    mharr

Jeremy;

Where is the Download Center RSS feed?  I just tried looking for it, but could only find MSDN Subscriber Download RSS feed.

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Here you go: http://www.thundermain.com/rss

Obviously not from MS, but it works quite well.

• User profile image
    Kaelan

You could try out SDP, and use it to download the videos at home for later viewing at work, if all else fails.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.