Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

PDA Selection

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    chemstudent

I am a pharmacy student in a class with approximately 180 people.  We (the class) are taking suggestions as a whole for a PDA to use when our rotations start soon.

I am looking to you guys about suggestions.  Most of the software that will be used can run on both Palm and Pocket PC.  Both can come with wireless capability and expansion, something that will be needed.  Here is the catch.  Even though most of the class is of Gen Y, many of them are not computer savy.

Which device would you choose, if given the option and why?  I am looking for any personal experiences you guys have also. 

Personally, from what I have seen, I would choose the PocketPC, but I am slightly biased. 

Thanks for the help.

• User profile image
    arunpv

If you want to use it with Bluetooth/Wi-Fi i would recommend Palm TX
    my wife is using it and she likes it and she is not that computer savy and she knows little bit of outlook and its easy to use.

chemstudent wrote:
    I am a pharmacy student in a class with approximately 180 people.  We (the class) are taking suggestions as a whole for a PDA to use when our rotations start soon.

I am looking to you guys about suggestions.  Most of the software that will be used can run on both Palm and Pocket PC.  Both can come with wireless capability and expansion, something that will be needed.  Here is the catch.  Even though most of the class is of Gen Y, many of them are not computer savy.

Which device would you choose, if given the option and why?  I am looking for any personal experiences you guys have also. 

Personally, from what I have seen, I would choose the PocketPC, but I am slightly biased. 

Thanks for the help.

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

Didn't I hear that the PalmOS is being slowly phased out? Or was that just rumblings?? If so, it's kinda a no-brainer which one to pick.

I'm using my iMate JASJAR for a PDA / Phone. Really nice, but really expensive (unless you went to PDC..).

I'm selling an iPaq 5455... Integrated Wifi / Bluetooth / PocketPC 2003 OS, email if you're interested.. It's in good shape, with screen protectors always in use.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

chemstudent wrote:

Thanks for the help.

I've used the Dell Axim stuff.  I'm not insane with happiness with using my X5, but it works well.  The X50 is pretty popular, I think.

• User profile image
    Alt-F4

Eh, just get the new Dell Axim X50. It's that easy. Great service & support, and good features. And by all means, *don't get a Palm.*

• User profile image
    nlinus

I've got the Dell Axim X51v and I love it.  I carry it around everywhere I go.  It's a bit pricey, but the speed and other features make it perfect for me.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.