Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

PDC download site down?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    daytrip00

I keep getting a DNS error when i connect to http://microsoft.sitestream.com/PDC05 .  Have they taken the site down?

• User profile image
    Olirockerdu​de

I get the same problem here - don't know whether they've taken it down or not though Perplexed

• User profile image
    SimonJ

The site has been up and down intermittently for a couple of days now. Luckily the post conference DVDs (four of them) have just arrived with me today.

Annoyingly, the one session about Groove that I wanted to watch has an acknowledged "technical fault" and doesn't show the demos, only the powerpoint slides. Have you ever tried to follow what the presenter is saying about what he can see on screen but you can't? It is impossible.

SimonJ

• User profile image
    mswanson

Although the site seemed to be responding properly when I checked it this afternoon (and again just now), I am working with our vendor to determine what issues we may be experiencing. When I know more, I'll post an update. Thanks for your patience.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

I've tried several times in the past week, and although I have been able to access the site, it never completes the content caching. I'm using Firefox 1.5... but I haven't heard that the site isn't compatible with FF.

• User profile image
    mswanson

After talking with our vendor, there were some scheduled outages for maintenance and upgrades. They tried to perform these during "down time," but owing to the global developer audience that is accessing the content, no time ends up being ideal.

Regarding FireFox, I have heard about some compatibility issues, so you might try downloading the sessions directly. If you can't get to the main user interface, try this list: http://blogs.msdn.com/mswanson/articles/pdc05sessiondownloads.aspx

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

Thanks for the link Michael, this is perfect.

• User profile image
    daytrip00

Doh.  Just tried it again... Started to download a couple sessions.  I think i broke it.  :O

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.