Coffeehouse Thread

71 posts

Who is Channel 9 Personality of Year 2005?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Sabot

    Hey All,

    Other here in the UK we have an annual event called 'Sports Personality of the Year', this award is nominated by the public, so the personality of the year is truly chosen by the people.

    So this set me thinking, perhaps it would be cool for us, the C9'er, to nominate and then vote who we would like to be our Personality of the Year for 2005.

    Now I would like to suggest two categories.

    1) The Channel 9 Member Personality of the Year

    2) The Non Channel 9 Member Personality of the Year.

    The Rules ...

    You can argue and debate nominations and you can nominate a person that has already been nominated as many times as you like ... but each time you do you have to say a new reason why, but that can be the same reason as someone else! A good thing should be recognised!

    I would like to suggest a closing date of the 20th December 12:00am GMT.

    I will post here the final lists of nominations (yep I'm judge, by default - it's my thread!)

    Then can I please ask Charles to put the top 6 nominations in each category up as a poll and we can vote over the Christmas period.

    The Personalities that has the most votes by 31st December 12:00am GMT is the winner!

    Anyway, enjoy ... remember this is a bit of fun, but it's also an opportunity to say thanks and give some appreciation to someone who may not usually get much recognition for something that meant a lot to you.

    Take Care,

    Dave 'Mr Sabot' Oliver

  • User profile image
    billh

    shooby wrote:
    Why, its 

    NOISE           NOIS  NOISENOISENOISENOI
    NOISEN         NOISE  NOISENOISENOISENOI
    NOISENO      NOISENO  NOIS             
    NOISENOI    NOISENOI  NOIS              
    NOISENOISENOISENOISE  NOIS             
    NOIS NOISENOISE NOIS  NOIS             
    NOIS  NOISENOI  NOIS  NOIS             
    NOIS   NOISEN   NOIS  NOIS             
    NOIS    NOIS    NOIS  NOISENOISENOISENOI
    NOIS     NO     NOIS  NOISENOISENOISENOI
    NOIS            NOIS  NOIS             
    NOIS            NOIS  NOIS             
    NOIS            NOIS  NOIS             
    NOIS            NOIS  NOIS             
    NOIS            NOIS  NOIS              
    NOIS            NOIS  NOIS               
    NOIS            NOIS  NOIS               
    NOIS            NOIS  NOISENOISENOISENOI
    NOIS            NOIS  NOISENOISENOISENOI


    You know, Shooby, on the Knoppix disc there is a really cool demo of animated text art.  You should go check that out and entertain yourself for a few hours.

    Don't forget www.asciibabes.com

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    beer<whatever> because he give so many laughs

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    blowdart wrote:
    beer<whatever> because he give so many laughs

    I second that.  He drives me to drink, but he's got moxie.

  • User profile image
    Manip

    Sabot wrote:
    Other here in the UK we have an annual event called 'Sports Personality of the Year'


    "we" "in the UK" ? ... I've never heard of it before... But then again I consider sport a waste of time (Watching it, not playing it). 

    Sabot wrote:
    So this set me thinking, perhaps it would be cool for us, the C9'er, to nominate and then vote who we would like to be our Personality of the Year for 2005.


    Wow so kind of like a C9 popularity contest! ... Woopdido... Why not also get in school uniforms and start punching each other then it can be EXACTLY like school... 8-)


    Sabot wrote:
    Now I would like to suggest two categories.

    1) The Channel 9 Member Personality of the Year


    Beer

    Sabot wrote:
    2) The Non Channel 9 Member Personality of the Year.


    Mother Nature...

     

  • User profile image
    Tonatiúh

    I nominate every Ninner and The Five From Redmond... As for the shake of expressing my gratitude... So, I nominate the C9 Guy, wich embraces all of us.

    Tonatiúh

  • User profile image
    BenZilla

    <---------------------------!

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    Oh, and for non-c9 personality, I'd vote for GWB. 

    It would, of course, be the only time I'd do so. 

    As for why? 

    Probably the same reason as voting for beer as non-non-c9 personality.

  • User profile image
    Sabot

    Manip don't be so negative!

    Hey if someone nominated you, you would be pretty chuffed specially as you've posted shite loads of good stuff this year ... this is what it's all about.

    Anyway, Coffeehouse is like a playground sometimes?





  • User profile image
    Charles

    Sabot, you provide me with a condensed list (of 6 or so) and I will make a poll! You got it.

    PS Does this have to be a Niner or could it be somebody in a Video?

    For Niners, certainly Jamie comes to mind quickly (for good reason, but then so does Minh, Karim, Maurits, Sven Groot, Sabot, JKelly, Irascian, etc.......), but I don't think it will be easy to choose just one. You all add important ingredients to making NinerWorld what it is!

    C

  • User profile image
    billh

    Charles wrote:
    For Niners, certainly Jamie comes to mind quickly (for good reason, but then so does Minh, Karim, Maurits, Sven Groot, Sabot, JKelly, Irascian, etc.......), but I don't think it will be easy to choose just one. You all add important ingredients to making NinerWorld what it is!


    I can't think of any value that I have added over the past year other than pointing out the obvious with Beer.

    I sort of sabotaged my own screen name in early November anyway.  Now nobody finds anything credible in what I say.

    I'm ready to throw myself one big pity party and you all are invited!

  • User profile image
    Sabot

    Charles wrote:
    Sabot, you provide me with a condensed list (of 6 or so) and I will make a poll! You got it.

    PS Does this have to be a Niner or could it be somebody in a Video?

    For Niners, certainly Jamie comes to mind quickly (for good reason, but then so does Minh, Karim, Maurits, Sven Groot, Sabot, JKelly, Irascian, etc.......), but I don't think it will be easy to choose just one. You all add important ingredients to making NinerWorld what it is!

    C


    Hi Charles,

    Is it OK if I condense the list to 8 if I include the people in the Video's as C9 members? That way we have 5 places for C9 members and 3 for non members?

    I don't think it's easy to choose one, the important thing is we actually have an opportunity to say Thanks. The poll is an opportunity to allow an important individual to have some recognition which they may not normally get which will mean something to them as it is recognition by their peers.

  • User profile image
    Manip

    Sabot wrote:
    Manip don't be so negative!


    I'm not negative, in fact I think it is a wonderful idea, a super-duper wonderful idea what will bring magic and joy to the entire world woopdido.... 8-)

    Sabot wrote:
    Hey if someone nominated you, you would be pretty chuffed specially as you've posted shite loads of good stuff this year ... this is what it's all about.


    I haven't posted much good stuff and I don't play up to the crowed so really don't care if the crowd likes me or not.

  • User profile image
    irascian

    Hard to pick just one, but if pushed I'd have to vote for jamie (with karim and blowdart close seconds - karim because he's witty and bright even when I'm disagreeing with him I'm usually laughing at the same time, and blowdart because he knows a lot and always manages to dish out a put-down with a certain amount of humour and pizz-azz).

    But when I get hacked off with this place and all the bickering it's Jamie's posts that make me stick around until the storm subsides. I disagree with him on several things (man it would be a dull world if we all agreed on everything) but the point is he always raises a smile, never resorts to personal attacks, and his "exclusive" cartoons for C9 make this place a bit special.

    He's a great ambassador for the Channel 9 forums, but Coffeehouse in particular.

  • User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

    I nominate Jamie and Beer.

    Jamie because he makes me laugh, and Beer because he is always good at starting a riot between the Linux and the Windows zealots. Everything you can possibly say, he will respond with the word Linux or Open Source in the sentence.

    These two people are the most memorable.

    Eagle too because I wish I knew him when I still lived in NY 6 months ago. We could have been some nice friends.

    I've only been a member for what... 4 months, I already feel like family.

  • User profile image
    Cider

    Seriously, catch yourselves on.

    You want to take a forum which already doesn't have enough regular posters from those that are registered and apply a level of navel-gazing to it, to the point you want to earmark 6 people as "they are Channel 9's betters"?

    Aye, that's just what this place needs.  Christ.

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    Mike Dimmick, the member with the highest signal-to-noise ratio....in the world....ever....


  • User profile image
    Maurits

    Cider wrote:
    Seriously, catch yourselves on.

    You want to take a forum which already doesn't have enough regular posters from those that are registered and apply a level of navel-gazing to it, to the point you want to earmark 6 people as "they are Channel 9's betters"?

    Aye, that's just what this place needs.  Christ.


    +1 insightful

    This is a community, not a contest.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.