Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Vista Upgrade Maxtrix

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    chemstudent

Has there been any kind of matrix posted on Microsoft about the upgrade path one can take with Vista?

I am looking at a laptop, Dell, that comes with MCE 2005 and wondering what my options will be when Vista ships.  Will I be stuck with just an upgrade to MCE or will I be able to get any version of Vista available and use it?

Thanks

• User profile image
    Manip

Vista isn't near release yet, and thus it is too early to be planning an upgrade path.

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

Are you kidding me? It's more than half a year away from RTM. I wouldn't be expecting one of these till July the earliest.

• User profile image
    Cider

If it helps, it has been reported there will not be a seperate Vista Media Centre Edition, because the features from MCE have been rolled into different versions of Vista.

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

Cider wrote:
    If it helps, it has been reported there will not be a seperate Vista Media Centre Edition, because the features from MCE have been rolled into different versions of Vista.

don't forget tablet too

• User profile image
    bikini

What is the maxtrix? Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.