Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Vista Upgrade Maxtrix

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    chemstudent

Has there been any kind of matrix posted on Microsoft about the upgrade path one can take with Vista?

I am looking at a laptop, Dell, that comes with MCE 2005 and wondering what my options will be when Vista ships.  Will I be stuck with just an upgrade to MCE or will I be able to get any version of Vista available and use it?

Thanks

• User profile image
    Manip

Vista isn't near release yet, and thus it is too early to be planning an upgrade path.

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

Are you kidding me? It's more than half a year away from RTM. I wouldn't be expecting one of these till July the earliest.

• User profile image
    Cider

If it helps, it has been reported there will not be a seperate Vista Media Centre Edition, because the features from MCE have been rolled into different versions of Vista.

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

Cider wrote:
    If it helps, it has been reported there will not be a seperate Vista Media Centre Edition, because the features from MCE have been rolled into different versions of Vista.

don't forget tablet too

• User profile image
    bikini

What is the maxtrix? Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.