Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Please Microsoft, keep your selves been the knights I dreamed you ever have been.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Tonatiúh

I'm disappointed.... Truly disappointed... As disappointed as I was when at my 25 years I became disappointed because my father and have told him: "You are not any more my idol, I have seen your mudy feet"... I went feeling that way while I was reading about the Microsoft vs. Google fight regarding Dr. Kai-Fu... Perhaps, such is not more than so many long years been used to think in Microsoft as my Entrepreneur's Paladin... Some thing very close to that image from my dreams, yet cherised, about the Lancelot's Round Table Knights... I know very well my voice is not more than the shiny whisper of one who never have reached and never will reach the status of an acknowledged developer, just because I'm not but a single man from the street, who have gotten in touch with programming to late, though never could get rid of the sweet and obnubilating wine programming is for the mind and the soul... I know my voice shouldn't be ever louder than the singing of a cricket....

I know, as well, that at my 60 years my interests have spreaded departing quite a lot from that whose makes of technology the ones life... Nowadays I'm mostly interested in the world my grand-grand-children and their mates throughout the Earth would see and live in... I am intersted in that shining rainbow at the end of the road ahead, which from the beginning have been, is and will be a gift for every past, actual and future human being.

Please Microsoft, keep your selves been the knights I dreamed you ever have been.

Tonatiúh

• User profile image
    JChung2006

Tonatiúh, the Don Quixote of C9, seeing knights where there be programmers and giants where there be windmills.

• User profile image
    eagle

Convengo a Tonatiúh, miro aquí.

• User profile image
    Tonatiúh

JChung2006 wrote:
    Tonatiúh, the Don Quixote of C9, seeing knights where there be programmers and giants where there be windmills.

Thank you Chung, but certainly I'm not, by any measures, any thing near to the Cervante's character... Even though, I have kept my self loving the image of any gentle knight, real or fictional, I had notice of... I think that gentleness is one of the most great virtues for a man feel proud of... My mother used to say us when at fight between the brothers (we where 4 girls and 4 boys): "Gentleness don't steals any  bravery of your heart".... Poor of my mam, she was truly tired of having started seen falling bombs over his head when she was 10 years old... My primary and secondary school time was difficult to endure, not because the studying efforts, but because yet at the 60's, here in Mexico there where a lot of resentement targeted to Spanish people.

I agree with Microsoft in that, as intellectual property creators, they have to protect such assets, aside than in behalf its clients and stockholders, even standing before us the developers, whom certainly couldn't be enabled to grow and enjoy as developers, without the Microsoft's endeavor in easing the attainability of "One computer for every home and every office" throughout the world... That world which is becoming more and more wide for every child been born today.

May only plea, is: "Be gentle"... As those knights whom deserve such a title not because they are willingly to raise promptly their swords... But because they keep their heart aware of the scent of a flower, the innocence in the children eyes, the hope in a woman smile... And the dreams in the professionist mind.

Please Microsoft, be gentle when defending your selves.

Tonatiúh

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Business is business...

You can't afford to be nice when the competition is that fierce.

Like Ballmer said, "F**king Eric Schmidt is a p***y, i'm going to bury him!".

I was like....BRAVO Ballmer! :O

• User profile image
    Tonatiúh

LaBomba wrote:
    Business is business... [...]

And war is war, hate is hate and so on... Those are the wrongest and most misleading axiomatic assertions one could ear... But misleaded people certainly are able to be gentle also... If they really want a better world for their children... First of all, taking care of the language used.

Tonatiúh

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Microsoft and Google have a fierce battle going on...

Has this never happened before between two giants, wanting to conquer their respective domain?

A little competition never hurt anybody.

Don't go comparing it to war...because here the only thing getting killed will be their pocketbooks.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.