Oh yeah, I just knew a thread like this would come up Smiley My bio:

I am Michel Heemskerk, almost 24 years old and I live and work in Den Haag (The Hague), in The Netherlands.

I started coding BASIC when I was about 8, on a MSX. Missed out on all the Commodore stuff.. Smiley Didn't do much with computers for a while until the www became popular in the mid-90's and my family bought a home computer (running the classic Windows 3.11 for Workgroups). I was instantly hooked on computers and the internet and have since then used a lot of OS'es, from Win95 to BeOS to Sun Solaris.

After a year of studying Information Technology I was fed up with it, got a job and now I've been working fulltime for about 7 years, evolving from service desk agent to semi-senior developer. I began with PHP, MySQL etc., but ever since I saw what kind of technologies MS was developing, I have never wanted anything else: I just love the Windows architecture, how everything integrates with everything else and how easily MS systems and software are maintained.

Same goes for .NET - When I first heard Bill Gates' visionary talk about connecting all devices with one another and saw him speak at the Developer Days '01 here in The Hague, I thought "Hey, that's exactly what I want the world around me to look like!" I started playing with VS.NET about a year ago and I don't think I'll ever use anything else.

In case it wasn't clear yet, I am a developer. My (small) company is currently still building websites in classic ASP (old habits die hard), but we're beginning to see the benefits of .NET. My work also includes system management and administration of web servers and databases. I have successfully completed the exam 'Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0' and that makes me an MCP.

In my free time, I like coding (hey, my work is also my hobby, couldn't ask for more), biking, hanging around with friends, watching movies - and I am a huge Star Trek fan, as many geeks are Wink

Hope that is enough (just kidding, sorry for the length of this post). Nice to meet you all.

Cheers!