I am Billy Vaughn, a happily married father of 2 children who have truly changed my life. I live in San Diego, Ca. and love it here, though I have to say that if it wasn't for my wonderful family I would never venture out of my home office / studio. Family life has really given me a life outside of music and programming.

I am a second generation programmer and first got into the art when my mom brought home a Basic language manual for my Commodore 64. I immediately fell in love with programming. I coded for a few years as a kid, but lost interest until I discovered the internet in '96. There was just something about coding stuff that people around the world could use that got my blood pumping and kept me up till 2 AM every day.

After coding web sites and CGI stuff in PERL for several years I decided I wanted to get deeper into more complex business apps and took a job in Dallas coding primarily in VB 4,5,and 6 until 2000 when I moved to San Diego and got back into web stuff.

I currently do enterprise level wepp apps in .Net (primarily) and J2EE. Though I love .Net, I have to say that there are many things I think that J2EE does much better. Mostly though, I can't look my Java counterparts in the eye and tell them that C# isn't just another *embrace and extend* rip-off. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy coding in C# just as much as Java, but when it comes down to it, I think we would all be much better off if the big companies all worked together (but thats another topic).

At any rate, that's who I am, and where I stand. I won't tell you your wrong for your standpoint, and LOVE to debate/discuss design and coding topics.

Oh yeah, I don't have any degrees or the like, just gimme a manual lock me in my office for a few days, classrooms are slow and boring. Smiley

Cheers, and Rock On Channel 9!