Coffeehouse Thread

424 posts

Roll call - tell us who you are!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • mwherman2000

Testing 1, 2, 3 ...posted on Oct. 4, 2005

• imekon

I'm Pete. I write audio middleware tools software for various consoles. I know Visual Studio's MFC Perplexed and Borland Delphi's VCL Tongue Out.

I've been involved with writing audio device drivers but that was a while ago.

In my spare time I try to create music. I'm amused to find a thriving market for synthesizer/effect plugins for the music industry, some written in Delphi. Cool

I'm not convinced about C# and .Net. Still, Delphi 2006 gives me Delphi, C# and C++.

Maybe I should try writing a C# MIDI app and see how clumsy or otherwise it is. [6]

• MasterPi

Is there a reason why this isn't a sticky anymore?

• W3bbo

mVPstar wrote:
    Is there a reason why this isn't a sticky anymore?

We had it pulled because there wasn't any real L+R reason to have it.

The justification was something along the lines of "No-one really reads the thread anymore and introductions are rather cliché anyway"

• Rpgfreak

My name is Eric Van de Kerckhove and I live in Belgium.I'm half English, half Flemish.

I'm just 16 years old,17 in January , I guess that makes me one of the youngest members Tongue Out
    I'm more of a pixel artist, but I'm becoming pretty familiar with C# and programming in general too.

Anyway, cheers everyone, and a happy christmas and a good new year too Wink

• MasterPi

Nah, you're older than me Rpgfreak.  I just turned 16 last month.

• W3bbo

Rpgfreak wrote:
    I'm just 16 years old,17 in January , I guess that makes me one of the youngest members

Hardly.

I know that a 13 yearold ventured on here once, I know a 14 yearold regular, 3 15 yearolds, 4 16 yearolds, and 2 other 17 yearolds.

Of course, I first ventured onto a proper online forum (powered by UBB) back when I was 11, heh, everyone thought I was 21.

• sysengineer

SysEngineer is Jason Hartley.  I maintain a blog at http://www.itedge.net/blog which I started in April 05 to share my experiences with technology and build a public knowledge base.Smiley

• YuviPanda

I guess I've been lurking long enough!

I'm Yuvi, 15 years old, from India. Absolutely hate sitting in class during school, though I do love being at school. I program in .NET, since it's much more interesting than studying chemistry and fearing what the "authorities" will say....

• Jannot

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.