Coffeehouse Thread

20 posts

Happy Holidays from Channel 9 team to you

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • scobleizer

I just uploaded your Christmas present: http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=148820 -- a conversation with the Windows Vista kernel team.

I'm sitting in a very quiet and empty building 18 on Microsoft's headquarters right now and have been editing some videos you'll see soon and reflecting on what a year we've had together.

The other night at Jeff's house we were talking about what a great community of people we have here. I met a few more in London a couple of weeks back.

Just wanted to say thank you and hope you and your family have a very happy holiday.

Looking forward to a good year next year. Lots of cool stuff coming to talk about.

• jamie

thanks and same to you (all)

c9 continues to amaze and inspire Smiley

*ps - MERRY CHRISTMAS too!

• fdezjose

Merry Christmas! ¡Feliz Navidad! Keep the good job, Channel 9 rocks!! Big Smile

• Loadsgood

Thankyou C9 Team Big Smile Now if only there was a present I could send you Wink

Any news for things happening next year? Bug fixes? Wiki upgrading? 2006 themed emoticons? C9 user made polls? Competitions?
    Anything? Big Smile

Happy Holidays? What happened to Merry Christmas and Happy New Year?

Nearly 2 years of C9 madness,
    Loadsgood.

• irascian

Thanks Robert and all the team.

Channel 9 has been a great Microsoft resource, and I've been to some great events and met some fantastic folks thanks to contacts made through Channel 9 Coffehouse.

Here's to you and yours, and all the Channel 9 folks - not just the names we're familiar with but all those who help out behind the scenes with videos and interviews.

Have a cool yule and a prosperous new year!

• scobleizer

Loadsgood wrote:

Thankyou C9 Team Now if only there was a present I could send you

Any news for things happening next year? Bug fixes? Wiki upgrading? 2006 themed emoticons? C9 user made polls? Competitions?
    Anything?

Happy Holidays? What happened to Merry Christmas and Happy New Year?

Nearly 2 years of C9 madness,
    Loadsgood.

There's lots of things ahead. The http://www.mix06.com conference, for instance, is planned by a team down the hall and we're having influence. We're doing some thinking about what we can do with video to keep it fresh and interesting.

We'll be at CES in January too (and MacWorld too).

• jamie

scobleizer wrote:

We're doing some thinking about what we can do with video to keep it fresh and interesting.

just film charles announcing beta invites for c9 members - that would be fresh and interesting Smiley

• Charles

Happy holidays, all.

We will continue our exploration of Vista and beyond in 2006. It will be our best OS to date and we want to show you exactly why this is the case. Hopefully, the latest installment of Going Deep gives you a glimpse into the great thinking that's present in Vista, from user mode to the kernel. One thing is clear, Windows will continue to evolve at all levels.

BTW, When I return from holidays (in Vermont now) I will be working on getting CCR bits into your hands as soon as possible Wink

Enjoy your time with family and friends. Here's to Channel 9 and our community. Cheers!

C

• billh

Happy holidays to you too, Scoble, Charles, and yes, JonathanH.  :O I think I've done an extraordinary job of making a lot of noise on here over the past few months (translation: little signal), but I plan on going relatively quiet for a few months myself.  Part of the reason is that I want to finish off a very big project I am working on (that would be a book y'all) and then put together a paper about how search/search engines could be improved on several levels.  Even if the paper doesn't turn out that well, I'll post something about it. And yes, I will go very deep (down to the byte level) on a lot of things. I'm not like Beer28.  Not by a long shot.  But you'll see that soon. In fact, I've even met Scoble in person at a geek dinner/pub crawl thing, so yes, I am a real person. And JonathanH, feel free to ship me some free software if the paper I write is worthy. Or schedule a job interview. :O

Anyway, have a great holiday season, and good luck with the site. 

Signing off,
    bilLH

• Karim

[author raises tumbler of flammable liquid]

Cheers...

[author sips, grimaces, bursts into coughing spasm]

[author regains composure, looks at tumbler]

SmooOOOooooth...  *cough*  *wheeze*

Billh -- what's the book about...?  Break a leg...

Looking forward to the CES reports!  MacWorld too, huh?  Now that Apple's on Intel, maybe that photoshopped picture from CES 2005 wasn't so much a joke as a prophecy?

Vista, Mac OS, new Tablet PCs, everybody fighting to take over the living room... 2006 should be an interesting year.

Oh, and if you need anyone to cover CES à la Hunter S. Thompson -- i.e. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas style -- I am available to conduct gutsy, hard-hitting interviews of booth babes and other Industry Leaders, should Microsoft be willing to cover my expenses. 

• Cybermagell​an

Merry Christmas to everyone here and to the Channel9 team.

• Shiv

i realised some thing that my friend told me recently . he was asking what i was doing (through messenger) and i said channel9. he instantly replyed "your favourite hang out " . yes it has become so without even realising it myself. All you guys Charles,scoble,jonathanh and team(forgive me if your name is not here ) are doing a great job and am eagerly waiting for the year ahead. Merry christmas and Happy New year to all of you.

billh wrote:

It's a suspense/tech novel about a developer who gets pulled into a project that he suddenly finds he cannot get out of. 

i think i know the introduction to the story . it happened when our developer(billh) was cought unaware based on a comment he made and  he was challenged by another (jonathanh) to execute it .

just kidding Wink

• BruceLee

Merry Xmas & Happy Holidays Everyone!

And thanks for C9 team's great work in the past year. I personally was very impressed by the rich information I got from C9 during the PDC05.

Keep rocking, C9!

- Bruce

• LaBomba

Happy holidays and a great new year to all!Big Smile

- La Bomba

• Keyvan Nayyeri

Thank you Robert Wink
    Wish you and your family good and happy year, too Smiley
    This great online community is one my favorite websites that see it every day Big Smile

• leighsword

Unconsciously, there are tons of C9 video in my hard drive, at least hundreds, I have to say it's really more productive, thank you, C9 team and C9 guys, you all are a good teacher.
    In a new year, I hope the rest of MS teams can learn this way from C9 team, give us more cool stuffs, Happy Holidays to all of you.

• Sven Groot

Happy holidays everyone!

• footballism

Channel9 is such an online community that every niner is pretty proud of being a part of it, keep on good work, C9 team:P

And my special thanks will give to all those Microsofties who participate in our discussion here, and contribute a lot to this community, Jonathan, Dan, Bruce, Larry, Sampy among many others, you guys rock:p

Sheva

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.