Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

introduction

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    elduderino

Hey everyone,

I've just signed up to Channel 9 and I thought I'd introduce myself to your fine selves.

My name is Luke and I live in South East England. I commute into London every day to go to work as an IT Manager for a company that makes CDs, DVDs, records etc.

Actually, although my job title is IT Manager, it's more accurate to call me the IT Department as nobody else does anything to do with computers. This means that I do everything technical from the network to fixing computers that have crashed but mostly software development for internal use and for our customers.

At the moment I'm still living in the past with VB6, as some of our PCs are running NT4. However, I'm in the process of moving to .NET, possibly forsaking VB for C#...not yet decided.

I can;t remember where I first heard of this Channel 9 thing but I'm liking it so far....

• User profile image
    eagle

Do you know keskoos?

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Good stuff, welcome Luke Smiley

I can relate to your position, having been in it 3 times already.

Enjoy poking around Smiley

• User profile image
    Keskos

It doesn't matter much now, but the appropriate thread for that one is
    http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1613

.Net is great for internal apps, but when it comes to distributing your app I still find .net a headache, because it requires 20-30MB download.

• User profile image
    Manip

HELLO! Welcome. VB is current, .Net is the future. Smiley

Seems a lot of people are moving from VB6 to C#, including me.. I think its because people can't stand VB.net.

Also if your the 'Computing Dept' you should be getting more money Wink

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.