Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

The Mother of all Keynotes

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    a !

This will probably go down in history as one of the greatest collections of keynote speakers at one conference in tech history Tongue Out

http://www.cesweb.org/attendees/conferences/keynotes.asp

hmmm...perhaps there could be "VIDEOS" made and added here

• User profile image
    BryanF

Oooh... The president of Sony. Are eggs allowed at the convention? [6]

• User profile image
    Manip

hmm the president of Sony... Sounds like the right time to subpoena him to court Wink

• User profile image
    Rossj

Well you can be fairly sure that the first keynote is going to be dull and boring.  $5 says he spends most of it stood in one place playing with his remote umjit and talking in a monotone.  Why do they let him do it?

• User profile image
    Alt-F4

Rossj wrote:
    Well you can be fairly sure that the first keynote is going to be dull and boring.  $5 says he spends most of it stood in one place playing with his remote umjit and talking in a monotone.  Why do they let him do it?

Because he founded one of the biggest tech companies in the game right now.  Hi Microsoft! Wink

• User profile image
    Rossj

Alt-F4 wrote:
    Rossj wrote:Well you can be fairly sure that the first keynote is going to be dull and boring.  $5 says he spends most of it stood in one place playing with his remote umjit and talking in a monotone.  Why do they let him do it?

Because he founded one of the biggest tech companies in the game right now.  Hi Microsoft!

No, because he is a poor presenter ..

• User profile image
    eagle

That queen of yours isn't much of a public speaker, but you don't hear people calling for her head.....

• User profile image
    Rossj

eagle wrote:
    That queen of yours isn't much of a public speaker, but you don't hear people calling for her head.....

I wasn't calling for his head I was just suggesting he is a boring keynote presenter. 

And you're right about the queen, it's why we only let her speak once a year on Christmas day when everyone is too drunk to watch. 

Not many of your terrorist friends seem to have a very public profile so I can't return the favour and judge their speaking ability, sorry I can't oblige.

• User profile image
    a !
  • User profile image
    Shiv

check out billg Vs Steve balmer in xbox 360 boxing Wink but i doubt they really played

• User profile image
    Shiv

had good fun watching it especially the boxing at the end. Surprise Surprise Bill wasn't having his small remote in his hand but it was about products and demos.

just remembered another comment i read sometime back

"to people at CES Bill gates is Elvis " Wink

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Carbito

Rossj wrote:
    No, because he is a poor presenter ..

I see nothing wrong with Bill Gates keynotes, they are informative and to the point. At least he is not an egomaniac like Steve Jobs during keynotes.

• User profile image
    irascian

Carbito wrote:

I see nothing wrong with Bill Gates keynotes, they are informative and to the point.

I see nothing wrong either. I HEAR a lot wrong. I've heard four or five Gates keynotes now and they've been very consistent and almost identical each time - full of the sort of general cliches that were in his "Road ahead" book and with zero real content. He's also, unlike Ballmer, a rather soporific speaker.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.