Coffeehouse Thread

108 posts

1 "Live Messenger" invitations (Edit: 1 MORE!)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    footballism

Wait a minite, I think I shot the gun a little bit early, when I check it again, I got five invites available, and I also like to give those invites to you guys when being asked.

Sheva

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Shame is most the people that will probably ask for them now will never stick around Coffeehouse to contribute anything in return.

• User profile image
    irascian

W3bbo wrote:

Where are you getting these invites from?

I wonder if we could examine the invitation system works and generate our own?

I think that would be somewhat violating the terms and conditions.

It doesn't seem that difficult anyway. I got an invite a couple of days ago where I've never had any joy with applying for beta's before - presumably just for registering at live.com when it launched and saying I was interested. After a couple of days usage I got an email this morning telling me to invite family and friends too and the sign up page shows me I can invite 15 people. My guess is that anybody who asked to be signed up and is actually using the beta gets a bunch of invites automatically.

I must say I'm unhappy with the way the live stuff insists on a hotmail account and won't accept a normal Passport account tied to my own main email address. I'm having to continually switch between signing in and signing out using my main passport account which I need for MSDN and then the MSN hotmail account which live.com seems to insist on. And it's made a whole lot more unusable because passport Signout doesn't work properly. For months now whenever I try and sign out it gives me a list of sites I tend to use passport on telling me it couldn't sign me out. Has anyone EVER seen a successful signout (green tick mark as opposed to red cross) on the Passport signout screen? 

I keep getting into this situation where I sign in using the MSN hotmail account but somewhere along the line it suddenly reverts to my main email account so that I can't access the things I'm trying to sign in for.

All-in-all somewhat screwed up and a nightmare trying to remember different sign-ins and passwords (I have to have yet another passport account because my certification details need to be tied into my "client (work) email address" to help them with their Gold Partner status) so I'm now continually having to faff around with three different Passport email addresses for different web site logins trying to stop them overruling each other. Short of using three different PCs for the different signons I'm finding it almost impossible to get this stuff to work.

Life should not be this difficult.

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Microsoft has to come up with a better passport process....

it's horrible right now.

especially if your using multiple passport accounts...horribly slow and messed up.

• User profile image
    Manip

Sent out invites to the following ... Also found it MS has given me 5 *more* invites on top of the 5 *more* I got yesterday .....

The following people got one:

LaBomba wrote:
    thanks,

steamy wrote:
    if there is one left:

yman wrote:
    Thanks

pavilionfranklin wrote:
    thanks a lot

• User profile image
    littleguru

Is there one left?

christian at chilisoftware dot com

Thanks a lot.

• User profile image
    thiru006

Can i hav one?

thiruppathi@gmail.com   

Thanks in advance

• User profile image
    WillemM

I got nine invites left. You can leave your name here in the format suggested above Smiley Or contact me at willem at mein-design dot nl

• User profile image
    WillemM

irascian wrote:

I must say I'm unhappy with the way the live stuff insists on a hotmail account and won't accept a normal Passport account tied to my own main email address. I'm having to continually switch between signing in and signing out using my main passport account which I need for MSDN and then the MSN hotmail account which live.com seems to insist on. And it's made a whole lot more unusable because passport Signout doesn't work properly. For months now whenever I try and sign out it gives me a list of sites I tend to use passport on telling me it couldn't sign me out. Has anyone EVER seen a successful signout (green tick mark as opposed to red cross) on the Passport signout screen?

Well, I can use live messenger using my normal passport address. So that statement isn't true (anymore)

• User profile image
    vx

may I have one invitation?

vx-001 at hotmail dot com

Thanks,

• User profile image
    PeterH

Please!

peter[at]iomesus[dot]com

Thanks in advance,

Peter

• User profile image
    WillemM

Send invites to:

• Mad
    • vx
    • MadRaven
    PeterH: Can you provide me with a different address, I got a undeliverable error from your address.

5 Invites left Smiley Peters invite has been reserved.

• User profile image
    MadRaven

Hi guys,

I'd like to have one too if any of you still has some.

Thanks in advance,

Edit: Thanks a lot WillemM!

• User profile image
    PeterH

peterhogg@gmail.com

Thanks!

• User profile image
    irascian

WillemM wrote:

Well, I can use live messenger using my normal passport address. So that statement isn't true (anymore)

There was a reason why I said "live stuff" and not "live messenger"!

• User profile image
    Manip

sent

PeterH wrote:

Thanks!

• User profile image
    PeterH

Just recieved one from Manip. Thanks!

• User profile image
    crash`

WillemM wrote:
    I got nine invites left. You can leave your name here in the format suggested above Smiley Or contact me at willem at mein-design dot nl

Edit: Thanks a lot WillemM!

Thanks in advance.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.