Coffeehouse Thread

21 posts

Channel 9 Bugs report for your dose of Insecticide

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    AdamKinney

In an effort, to increase your overall experience and leverage the power of the community, we will now be monitoring an external bug list on in.sectici.de.

So if you find a bug on Channel9, please feel free to log into in.sectici.de, find the Channel9 project, see if the bug exists and if not submit the bug to the list.

direct project link

Big thanks to W3bbo for helping us put this together and providing the server space.

• User profile image
    Maurits

Sweet...

Would you consider linking to that from the "Unknown Error" page?

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

That's a great idea!

Would you mind adding that as the first bug/suggestion? Wink

• User profile image
    Maurits

done!

EDIT: Great site W3bbo!
    EDIT2: I think W3bbo gets to claim "first" rights though... his "trailing spaces" bug beat mine to the punch

• User profile image
    Charles

This is great!!!
    C

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Charles wrote:
    This is great!!!
    C

I think I'll make some minor modifications Smiley

...if a visitor from C9 arrives, the site will give the user the Channel9 stylesheet (albiet, it is the older C9, I'll see if I can get one based on the new C9 done soon), and I'll change the default stylesheet from the image-heavy "Organic" to the lighter "Simple" style.

I've also discovered some bugs in itself (my, how ironic Smiley ), so I'll be patching those as well.

As a result, it may be down for about 30 seconds sometime in the next few hours, just to warn you Smiley

EDIT: I've made a few bugfixes, but I'll be asleep by the time anyone reads this, so if Insecticide does break or anything, just email me.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Which version of insecticide is running on in.sectici.de?  I'm going to go ahead and report the issue I saw on Bug range.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:
    Which version of insecticide is running on in.sectici.de?  I'm going to go ahead and report the issue I saw on Bug range.

"Bug Range" was an entry added by Manip a while ago, please add any entries to the 0.95 version.

I'll delete "Bug Range" momentarily.

• User profile image
    Maurits

Added a couple more...

What's the experience of the site from the point of view of a user who has been granted "official" access to a particular company's bugs?

• User profile image
    clintsinger

Adam,

Just as a side comment, I always liked your avatar because I thought it looked pretty cool but I could never figure out why you had a gun to your head.  Now that I have seen the bigger version of your picture I realize that it is a hand curled up with a finger touching the mic.  It just looked a lot different when looking at the smaller picture.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Hah, that's funny Smiley

Yes, I need to think about a new one for 2006.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Maurits wrote:
    What's the experience of the site from the point of view of a user who has been granted "official" access to a particular company's bugs?

They get extra menu options to edit bugs and their comments appear in a different colour (the default is red).

• User profile image
    W3bbo

I was thinking... could we move all of the Product Feedback bugs into Insecticide or a local installation of Insecticide located on C9's server?

• User profile image
    sbc

By the way, what are you using for querying the database?

If you are using SQL Server specific code, may I suggest using a database independent ORM. That way, you can do versions for SQLite, PostGreSQL, MySQL without needing to actually do much work.

Wikipedia has a good list of ones you could try out: Object-relational mapping. There may be initial work involved, but you will save many hours/days in the long term.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

sbc wrote:
    By the way, what are you using for querying the database?

A separate SqlDal assembly; JetDal and PostgreDal assemblies are also in the works.

sbc wrote:
    If you are using SQL Server specific code

Only inside the W3b.Insecticide.DAL.SqlDal assembly

• User profile image
    Rossj

Any idea on when some of these bugs are going to be fixed *cough*Safari*cough* ?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Rossj wrote:
    Any idea on when some of these bugs are going to be fixed *cough*Safari*cough* ?

Can we chat about them on Messenger some time?

• User profile image
    Leehaa

Coolio!

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.