Coffeehouse Thread

47 posts

Where's Beer28?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

So...where did he go? This site seems so quiet lately.

I guess that is a good thing. 

[A]

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

I saw him online a few hours ago, but that could be a residual signal trace... *whips out tricorder*

• User profile image
    dahat

Did you miss his last couple of ranting threads where he was threatening to file for restraining orders against a couple of 9ers as well as hurling personal attacks at anyone who dared disagree with him?

If he didn’t get banned for it, I’m guessing he has at last learned his lesson.

Edit: According to his profile he was on as recently as today... dang it.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

He'll be back, unfortunately. The guy is like the Rolling Stones, he keeps saying he quits but he never actually does it.

• User profile image
    AndyC

He-who-must-not-be-named is presumably logging on periodically to see if someone's started a "Where's Beer" type thread. Once they have and he knows he's got peoples attention, he'll turn up again with some vague explaination of why he's back.

Then every thread will turn into a Linux rant again.

Then everyone will get p*ssed off and lay into him.

Then he'll throw a strop and "leave" again.

And the cycle continues...

• User profile image
    Manip

They took him to the nut house after he got on a bus and accusing the driver of "not releasing the source code" for the ticket machine... And then started yelling at his wrist watch for being closed source. Expressionless

• User profile image
    Karim

Cornelius Ellsonpeter wrote:
    So...where did he go? This site seems so quiet lately.

You missed this thread.

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

Sven Groot wrote:
    He'll be back, unfortunately. The guy is like the Rolling Stones, he keeps saying he quits but he never actually does it.

So much for being reliable.

• User profile image
    dahat

Karim wrote:
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter wrote: So...where did he go? This site seems so quiet lately.

You missed this thread.

That reminds me Karim... with regards to his threat... did you ever get served? How far must you stay away from him?

• User profile image
    Karim

dahat wrote:
    That reminds me Karim... with regards to his threat... did you ever get served? How far must you stay away from him?

No.  Mayhap the wheels of Canadian justice grind slowly.  Extradition treaties, State Department, jurisdictional issues, etc.  International Incidents must be handled with delicacy.  <rolleyes>

Beer likes to mess with people.  What he hasn't figured out is that some of us don't f--k around.  Big Smile

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

Karim wrote:
    You missed this thread.

I vaguely remember the restraining order bit.  That's quite a thread...15 pages of posts until Larry O. put a stop to it.

The Canadian legal system must be getting a real hoot out of Beer considering all the things he has filed...restraining orders, articles of incorporation, etc.

At this point, I would be surprised if he doesn't try to start up his own country (or "micronation").

Sort of like "Sealand" but with some bottles of beer for a coat of arms.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

He's gone, and better stay that way, too.

• User profile image
    Chadk

Tom Servo wrote:

Yes. He's a haunted person now i guess.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Tom Servo wrote:

Not so fast.  Adversity divides people, but it also brings them together...in a common hatred of a third party.

We need a good flame war to shake this site up a bit. 

Plus, I could use the heat.  The management at my work have their own offices that apparently 'get too warm' so the rest of us tools have to live in air conditioning during the winter. 

Crybabies.

• User profile image
    Rossj

ScanIAm wrote:
    We need a good flame war to shake this site up a bit. 

After you ...

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

Tom Servo wrote:

Beer is an attention seeker. Either he'll be back, once he needs some more attention, or he'll find attention some other way.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Watch....what you say on the Internet could be used against you.

"An Ohio man who claims that he was humiliated by two other participants in an AOL chatroom has sued the two men for causing emotional distress and the ISP for failing to stop the alleged abuse, according to a report from Law.com."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/10/aol_sue_chatroom/

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

Cybermagellan wrote:
    Watch....what you say on the Internet could be used against you.

"An Ohio man who claims that he was humiliated by two other participants in an AOL chatroom has sued the two men for causing emotional distress and the ISP for failing to stop the alleged abuse, according to a report from Law.com."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/10/aol_sue_chatroom/

In America, of course, you can sue someone for practically anything, including name calling. The trick is to "win" the case.. Wink

One example of that is the infamous woman who sued McDonalds for the spilt coffee. She originally was awarded millions of dollars (which most people remember), until the appeal overturned that judgement by far (which almost no one remembers).

IANAL, but Beer would have to show some sort of quantifiable loss. namecalling in itself isn't a crime, and being the fact that Beer often defended himself vociferously, it's clear he was not incapacitated.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.