Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Adobe Final Cut Pro?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

yman wrote:
    Please point out if I'm being retarded but why does Adobe.co.uk have 'Final Cut Pro' in it's meta tags?.

Adobe Systems Incorporated
    Home for Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, Acrobat. Updates, information, news and guides.
    www.adobe.co.uk/ - 26k - 13 Jan 2006 - Cached - Similar pages

Type 'adobe' into google.

I'm I missing something?

Certainly interesting, but let's instigate Occam's Razor.

Hypothesis 1: Adobe plans to buy out Apple's "Pro" division
    Hypothesis 2: Adobe's web designer was thinking of Apple's products instead of Adobe's when he wrote the meta content.

Since Adobe and Apple are now rivals for high-end shiz (Arpeture Vs. Photoshop, Final Cut Pro Vs. Premiere) the first one is deemed highly unlikely, and even then I doubt a lowly web-designer would have been told about a take-over this soon.

Hypotheis 2 holds more water and is deemed the likely scenario.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    TiAdiMundo

I am sure you will find even pr0n sites with Final Cut Pro tags. Its Google-Spamming to get better search results. I wonder, that there is no iPod tag *gg

• User profile image
    matt0210

We all know how important meta tags are when it comes to search engines.
    Now imagine you're Adobe. You've got someone out there looking for final cut pro = video editing software. How do you get him to look at your Premiere product if he's specifically looking for FCP? You hijack his link or 'pretend' to have FCP. That way he'll land on your premiere product page and maybe, just maybe, he'll think twice about buying FCP.
    I'm just not sure how legal it is. Here in Germany we had a court descision on exactly this subject just last week. Someone was using a product name in his own meta tags. The courts deemed the name used in a meta tag as a copyright violation.

• User profile image
    Santosha

W3bbo wrote:

...Since Adobe and Apple are now rivals for high-end shiz (Arpeture Vs. Photoshop,...

Aperture and Photoshop are not competitors..Apple Aperture and Adobe Lightroom are.

Wink

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Santosha wrote:
    Aperture and Photoshop are not competitors..Apple Aperture and Adobe Lightroom are.

Lightroom hasn't been released yet, and Arperture does a lot of things Adobe's Photoshop does, especially in the area of digital photography/digital darkroom.

• User profile image
    Santosha

So why Adobe is developing an app which is competitive with his own Photoshop? I use Aperture and PS for my job and I need both because their purposes are totally different.
    Returning to thread...I'm for Hypotheis 2.

• User profile image
    Santosha

So why Adobe is developing an app which is competitive with his own Photoshop? I use Aperture and PS for my job and I need both because their purposes are totally different.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Santosha wrote:

Adobe's ImageReady does a lot of things Photoshop does, same with After Effects and Premiere.

What about Photoshop Elements Vs. Photoshop?

Lightroom and Photoshop aren't competing, they're complimenting each other. I never hinted that they were competing Smiley

• User profile image
    Harlequin

matt0210 wrote:

I'm just not sure how legal it is. Here in Germany we had a court descision on exactly this subject just last week. Someone was using a product name in his own meta tags. The courts deemed the name used in a meta tag as a copyright violation.

No, I believe this is true in the U.S. as well.

• User profile image
    PeterH

W3bbo wrote:
    Santosha wrote: Aperture and Photoshop are not competitors..Apple Aperture and Adobe Lightroom are.

Lightroom hasn't been released yet, and Arperture does a lot of things Adobe's Photoshop does, especially in the area of digital photography/digital darkroom.

I agree with Santosha, Photoshop is very different to Aperture. Aperture's main competitor is undoubtably Lightroom.

See for yourself:

Aperture
    Lightroom

vs

Photoshop

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.