PeterF wrote:

They arrived late for you.

Peter

Yeah, I got mine sometime last year.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Cybermagellan wrote:
    Mine never showed.

Nor mine. As a PDC05 attendee, I thought we were getting the beta 1 bits...

Any info from the mothership? Smiley

• User profile image
    irascian

PaoloM wrote:
    Cybermagellan wrote: Mine never showed.

Nor mine. As a PDC05 attendee, I thought we were getting the beta 1 bits...

Any info from the mothership?

A few of the Blogs have talked several time of a "technical beta 1", sometimes referred to as a "beta 1 preview" (extremely limited it would appear) vs a "Public beta 1" planned for any day now.

You may have thought, as did I, that PDC attendees were going to get the "technical" beta 1 but it seems we're getting the "public" beta 1" which is not being made available in any sort of quantity yet. There's no real indication as to what "public" really means but I suspect it will be somewhat like Vista - available to anybody with an MSDN subscription and no doubt available on Warez sites all over the place within hours of it appearing on MSDN Subscriber downloads. It will probably be quicker to get it from there than wait for a DVD to ship.

• User profile image
    sidersdd

I received mine today (due to being a PDC attendee I am assuming).  The piece of paper that came with it says "... Technical Beta (Beta-1 build) of Microsoft Office 12."

There are 4 discs -
    Microsoft Office 12 Professional DVD
    Microsoft Office 12 Server DVD
    Microsoft Office 12 File Format Converters CD
    Microsoft Office 12 Beta 1 PDC Content

It does appear that Groove 12 is missing from the discs. Sad Is there not a beta-1 of Groove?

• User profile image
    TheThumper

Anybody try to install any of this yet?

I tried and it asked me for a Product Key.  All I got was 4 CD/DVD's rubber-banded together in DHL envelope with nothing else so I can't even install anything.  Did you guys get anything else in your packaging?  I don't even know who to begin calling to figure this out, any suggestions on that either?

• User profile image
    irascian

TheThumper wrote:
    Anybody try to install any of this yet?

I tried and it asked me for a Product Key.  All I got was 4 CD/DVD's rubber-banded together in DHL envelope with nothing else so I can't even install anything.  Did you guys get anything else in your packaging?  I don't even know who to begin calling to figure this out, any suggestions on that either?

My package came with the four CD/DVDs wrapped in a rubber band and two A4 sheets of paper. The first introduces you to the beta and some general terms and conditions, the second has the required keys on it.

• User profile image
    TheThumper

Thanks,
    I was afraid of that.  I didn't get any papers in my package.  I am not sure who I can contact at Microsoft either.  Did the papers have any "contact" info on it that might be useful for me to use?  If so could you share that info with me please?

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Warning, but my Outlook 2003 stopped working when I installed it.

Has to uninstall the office Beta for it to work again...

• User profile image
    irascian

TheThumper wrote:
    Thanks,
      Did the papers have any "contact" info on it that might be useful for me to use?  If so could you share that info with me please?

I'm afraid I left the papers at work. I'll check tomorrow but I seem to remember thinking there was little other than a Box no address.

• User profile image
    TheThumper

I appreciate you looking.  Probably a lost cause, oh well.  Sometimes you win, but usually you lose Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.