Coffeehouse Thread

38 posts

"Sparkle" CTP is out!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    irascian
  • User profile image
    mclement

It was hard not to tell you guys this one was coming!
    Finally!

Make sure you read the ReadMe.txt and take a look through the documentation, samples, tutorials.

Smiley

-mano

• User profile image
    jmacdonagh

Beat me by two minutes!

Can't wait to try it out!

• User profile image
    irascian

Other cool stuff:

Avalon Hands on Labs. For guidance on where to start and what's availablle check Tim Sneath's blog here

"Expression" Graphical Designer (Acrylic) is also available in new January CTP form: here

• User profile image
    mclement

Ah yes Graphic Designer's XAML exporter is very cool now - it has a live preview of the output (using Avalon).

-mano

• User profile image
    mclement

BTW ... you need .NET 2.0 and WinFX CTP in order to install and run Expression Interactive Designer.

-mano

• User profile image
    irascian

Are there any plans to make some "Hand on labs" available for this "Sparkle" CTP Manuel?

(Of course if there's something included in the Avalon hands on labs Tim Sneath points to feel free to tell me to RTFM Wink)

• User profile image
    mclement

irascian wrote:

Are there any plans to make some "Hand on labs" available for this "Sparkle" CTP Manuel?

(Of course if there's something included in the Avalon hands on labs Tim Sneath points to feel free to tell me to RTFM )

Yes! There are several tutorials in this CTP build actually Smiley

Just install and run Expression Interactive Designer (EID), and you will see the Welcome Screen appear. It allows you to go to the tutorials, the help, or open one of the sample applications.

-mano

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

mclement wrote:

Yes! There are several tutorials in this CTP build actually

Just install and run Expression Interactive Designer (EID), and you will see the Welcome Screen appear. It allows you to go to the tutorials, the help, or open one of the sample applications.

-mano

I think I love you..... Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Steve411

Good job dev team! -- here's a .3 C raise.

Smiley XAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM--L
    - Steve

• User profile image
    Arran

Wahoo!  have been waiting for this one for a while.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Finally installed everything on Windows Server 2K3...*cries* Manuel it's beautiful...

• User profile image
    Arran

it really does have a nice UI.  The fact that its all built upon WPF is really helping me sell this technology to me!

• User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

Now I have no reason not to get a PC to run Vista/XP with Avalon bits installed..... ah well I'm sure the holiday can wait Big Smile.

It will be intresting to see how easier it is to used compared to flash......

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    dahat

WRAAAAG! I need to finish studying for retaking 70-340 that is scheduled for Monday... and then you tempt me with such wonderful crack? How to decide? How to decide?

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

First impression:  WOW.  (Workspace Zooming:  Smiley)

More details coming when I have time to play with it.

• User profile image
    Sean Gerety

Great work!  My wife is going to kill me because of all these new toys! (CTP, Sparkle).  And please, please, please keep the name of this to Sparkle!  I don't know who makes up the names.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.