Coffeehouse Thread

32 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

When you die

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

Which level of hell will you go to?  Take the test and find out

• User profile image
    Karim

I was totally just kidding about killing everyone at the wedding.  Expressionless

LOL

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

I'm dissapointed....only a 2...I thought I would score much higher...

• User profile image
    rjdohnert
  • User profile image
    harumscarum

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Seventh Level of Hell!
    Here is how you matched up against all the levels:

Level Score
    Purgatory (Repenting Believers) Very Low
    Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers) Very Low
    Level 2 (Lustful) Extreme
    Level 3 (Gluttonous) Very High
    Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious) Extreme
    Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy) Extreme
    Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics) Extreme
    Level 7 (Violent) Extreme
    Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers) Extreme
    Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous) Extreme

Take the Dante's Divine Comedy Inferno Test

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Wow you got a 9. I was purposely trying to max out the results and only got a 7. You must be pure evil. Smiley

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Bah. When I die, my conciousness will be terminated due to a loss of neuroelectrical activity caused by my heart's failure to provide sufficient oxygen and food to my brain caused by a loss of neuroelectrical activity (if (true) loop). Then decomposition begins, I biodegrade an my remaining phosphors return to the earth from whence they came.  Cycle complete; rinse, wash, repeat.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

I took this test about 2 years ago, I got "Purgatory".

Of course, any modern-day Christian/Catholic scholar will tell you that Dante's work (whilst certainly being an epic) is nothing more than speculation (and largly based on aprocypcal works)

• User profile image
    Angus

W3bbo wrote:
    I got "Purgatory".

Same here.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

W3bbo wrote:
    I took this test about 2 years ago, I got "Purgatory".

Of course, any modern-day Christian/Catholic scholar will tell you that Dante's work (whilst certainly being an epic) is nothing more than speculation (and largly based on aprocypcal works)

Same here.

And yes, Dante's work has no real biblical basis (but it is an epic, and it's supposed to be pretty cool to read, although I haven't yet had the chance).

• User profile image
    Manip

Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very High

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

I was actually thinking of hiring some suicide bombers and telling em "You will get paid when the job is done"

Karim wrote:
    I was totally just kidding about killing everyone at the wedding. 

LOL

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

I dont trust scholars, while I may not hold Dante's work as truth.  I do believe in hell and Satan, although if I told you why you would think me insane.  But I did know a guy in High School who swore that he had conversations with Lucifer himself.  While he did not look, sound or act insane it was pretty weird stuff.

W3bbo wrote:

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

W3bbo wrote:

Really?  Are you sure it's speculation?  I can't imagine he'd make that up.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

ScanIAm wrote:
    W3bbo wrote:Of course, any modern-day Christian/Catholic scholar will tell you that Dante's work (whilst certainly being an epic) is nothing more than speculation (and largly based on aprocypcal works)

If you look at apocalyptic books like Revelation or some of the prophets from the OT, you don't see anything that really even resembles Dante's divine comedy.  He's mainly speculating about what hell will be like:  I don't find any biblical evidence that it's true.  I just see that beleivers go to heaven and those not saved are cast into the abyss.  The details of the abyss aren't given, but I'm sure it's not pleasant.

There are extrabiblical sources that he probably did draw from, but I don't know what those are, and the validity of those sources is questioned (hence why they are not in the Christian or Hebrew canon).

Main point here:  no one knows for sure!!

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

You know what hell would be like, hell would be a state where you are totally alone.  You dont have gods presence, you dont have gods influence, you dont have gods voice.  You are truly alone.  Thats what I think hell would be like, of course Im speculating.

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:
    ScanIAm wrote:
    W3bbo wrote:Of course, any modern-day Christian/Catholic scholar will tell you that Dante's work (whilst certainly being an epic) is nothing more than speculation (and largly based on aprocypcal works)

If you look at apocalyptic books like Revelation or some of the prophets from the OT, you don't see anything that really even resembles Dante's divine comedy.  He's mainly speculating about what hell will be like:  I don't find any biblical evidence that it's true.  I just see that beleivers go to heaven and those not saved are cast into the abyss.  The details of the abyss aren't given, but I'm sure it's not pleasant.

There are extrabiblical sources that he probably did draw from, but I don't know what those are, and the validity of those sources is questioned (hence why they are not in the Christian or Hebrew canon).

Main point here:  no one knows for sure!!

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

rjdohnert wrote:
    You know what hell would be like, hell would be a state where you are totally alone.  You dont have gods presence, you dont have gods influence, you dont have gods voice.  You are truly alone.  Thats what I think hell would be like, of course Im speculating.

I've been married for 7 years....sometimes you just wanna be alone and have some time for yourself...

• User profile image
    Karim

rjdohnert wrote:

That reminds of Sartre's famous quote that "Hell is other people."  [6]

The end of Luke chapter 16 always gets my attention.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.