Coffeehouse Thread

18 posts

Bloggers?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Jeremy W

I'm sure a large chunk of the visitors here would have heard of Channel 9 through blogs, how many of us are bloggers?

I can definitely say I am. Thanks largely to folk like Scoble and Jeremy Z I picked up blogging nearly a year ago and haven't looked back since.

Definitely an easy bug to catch. Helps me organize and disseminate my thoughts. Even if I didn't have hordes of visitors, I'd still blog just for Knowledge Management.

ps: blog: Ensight

• Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• cageyjames

Same here, I spend most of my time in blogs.  In fact, I think I use SharpReader more than I use my web browser.  If there isn't a RSS feed, I'm not reading it.

• AdamKinney

The nice thing is that the Channel9 profile makes way for blogs and offers seperate Url space. So as long as people use thier profile as intended you will be able to tell just by looking at the avatar.

New stuff is good, keep evolving...

• eagle

I blog,

therefore I am
    linked to other blogs
    aggregate
    and syndicated
    my thoughts
    circle the globe
    then Google
    serves them back to me

• Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• ktegels

AdamKinney wrote:

The nice thing is that the Channel9 profile makes way for blogs and offers seperate Url space. So as long as people use thier profile as intended you will be able to tell just by looking at the avatar.

Yep, Adam, you're right.

But how about an OPML of the blogs of Channel9 members. That'd be nice.

• Shawn

cageyjames wrote:
    Same here, I spend most of my time in blogs.  In fact, I think I use SharpReader more than I use my web browser.  If there isn't a RSS feed, I'm not reading it.

If you ruled out forums like this one I'd fit into that category too.

The funny thing is, I use my RSS Reader as a browser.  Both FeedDemon and RSSBandit are equally up to the task.

• AnitaR

I've been blogging since the summer of 1999, first at pitas.com then at my eponymous domain. I'd started an online journal two years before that! I knew Robert Scoble online from IE4 days, when I was contracting on the IE4 team, Trident PM group, and he was an MVP for NetMeeting. Joe Beda worked right down the hall, a young pup just out of college.

I think one of the first times I heard the word "weblog" was when Bill Humphries actually invited me to be on a panel about weblogs and online journals at Wiscon (but I didn't end up going that year). I'd been reading weblogs before then but didn't know that word!
    I'm addicted to weblogs, both the reading and writing of them, though I don't quite read as many as Robert. I usually don't post about tech topics but I do like keeping up with things that way.

• Jeremy W

AdamKinney wrote:

Except that I don't really want to click through to everyone's profile. I've already added half a dozen blogs to my reading list thanks to this thread, which is exactly what I was hoping for Smiley

• AnitaR

"Except that I don't really want to click through to everyone's profile."

umm, you don't have to, right? the little icon underneath the avatar takes you directly to whatever URL the person has designated as zir weblog.

• Jeremy W

AnitaR wrote:
    "Except that I don't really want to click through to everyone's profile."

umm, you don't have to, right? the little icon underneath the avatar takes you directly to whatever URL the person has designated as zir weblog.

Does it? Looks to me like it's a website, but I could easily be wrong Smiley

Prodev's icon, for instance, takes me to: http://www.prodevstudios.com/ ... which doesn't look like a website to me...

Maybe I'm just an idiot though, if so, forgive this thread please Smiley

• Shawn

It's a fair topic. 

I was actually one of the offenders of not listing a Blog address but I did list an online computer store as my "Webspace" URL.  Tsk.. Tsk..

BTW, nice blog you have there Jer..

• mykoleary

Jeremy W. wrote:

Does it? Looks to me like it's a website, but I could easily be wrong Smiley

Prodev's icon, for instance, takes me to: http://www.prodevstudios.com/ ... which doesn't look like a website to me...

Maybe I'm just an idiot though, if so, forgive this thread please Smiley

Click on the web browser looking icon with a pen/pencil looking thing: that is the person's defined blog URL, the plain web browser loking icon is the person's defined web URL.

• vanlandw

i have a "blog" but it's really not a typical blog...i just use my website as a way for my friends to keep in touch...post pictures...and a way for myself to learn the technology

• Christian(​MVP)

I blog, since october last year, mainly thanks to Robert Scoble...man, it's funny Smiley

Best regards from sunny South Africa

• scobleizer

You're all puppets in my show! Whooooaaaaahhhhaaaahhhaaaaa! Smiley

Seriously, love the blogs. Keep it coming!

• ernst

If members use the profile as intended, there should be seperate icons for blogs/websites/email etc.
    More regards from an overcast (today!) South Africa Wink

-Ernst

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.