Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Channel 9'ers at BloggerCon?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    lenn

Just curious as to if any Channel 9'ers will be attending BloggerCon next weekend in Boston? I will be there, maybe we can do a get together dinner? See ya there if you are.

• User profile image
    eagle

I'm signed up, not sure if I'm going, the Yankees will be at Fenway!

• User profile image
    vanlandw

i have never heard of this "bloggercon"..has anybody gone before...what is it like?!

• User profile image
    gmiley

I would surmise that it is a convention... possibly, but not guarenteed to be, centered around people that blog and/or the software involved in said 'blogging'.

Wink

• User profile image
    jeffsand

BloggerCon is a conference about weblogs on April 17 (this saturday) on the campus of Harvard Law School. The sessions are in Pound Hall.

From the BloggerCon Website:

< .. Snip ..>
    The focus of BloggerCon is weblogs in journalism, education, science, business and politics. We are interested in people's experiences with weblogs, now that they've been in use for five or six years, depending on who you ask. This is not a technical visionary venue, nor is it a place for political activism. Our interest is in the use of weblogs. Of course technology and politics are related to the use of weblogs.

Cost: BloggerCon II is free for everyone. $0.
    </ .. Snip ..>

For more information visit the BloggerCon website or read the FAQ.

I'd be interested as well in seeing who from this site will be there. 

• User profile image
    miseldine

Cost: BloggerCon II is free for everyone. $0.

If only I could afford a trip to America Big Smile So many great meetings, all so far away Smiley

• User profile image
    jeffsand

You can always join the BloggerCon Webcast. I know its not the same as attending, but its always an option.

• User profile image
    prog_dotnet

while we are into the subject of blogging
    Weblogs and how we can work together (Dave Winer)

http://murl.microsoft.com/LectureDetails.asp?1057

Dave will discuss Weblogs, RSS, aggregators, OPML, content management, how we can work together, and the care and feeding of online communities.

Biography: Dave Winer is currently a Berkman Fellow at the Harvard Law School. He writes http://www.scripting.com, an influential tech industry weblog. He is the co-author of the SOAP spec and president of UserLand Software http://www.userland.com. UserLand makes Frontier, a powerful scripting and database environment for the Mac OS and Windows. In late 1994, Winer started DaveNet, a popular commentary channel, distributed via electronic mail and thru the worldwide web. A software industry veteran, Winer also produced award-winning commercial software hits at Living Videotext, including ThinkTank, Ready and MORE. Living Videotext merged with Symantec in 1987. In 1997 he was chosen as a Seybold Fellow for his pioneering work in web-based publishing systems

• User profile image
    eagle

I watched David Winer’s video, says he believes in “competition” but all comments on his blog are "flames".

• User profile image
    eagle

11th hour crisis: RealServer license expired

We have a bit of a crisis on our hands re the webcast for the conference. We have a full RealServer license that expired yesterday (praise Murphy) and now we're 1. Trying to get Real to re-up (it was a contribution, Berkman is a non-profit) or 2. Find someone with a RealServer who can reflect for us. If you can help, please post a note here.

# Posted by Dave Winer on 4/15/04; 6:35:12 PM - Comments [4] -- Trackback [0]

Our system managers say that setting the clock back is not an option.

Kevin, it's up to Jay McCarthy to figure out what to do. Please help any way you can. Thanks.

Dave Winer • 4/15/04; 9:26:30 PM

Dave, why don’t you at least take responsibility for the laps in server license instead of referring to a factious Irishman?

Only this past week we learned that GWBush got a warning briefing 8/9/01; “Ben Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States” yet he refuses to accept ANY responsibility for what happened on 9/11/01 George Tenet, the director of central “intelligence” also received a warning briefing in 8/01;“Islamic Extremist Learns to Fly”, but he could not remember so is “not” responsible. I wish we could set the clock back to 8/01, but that is not an option. So please Dave, take responsibility and pay for another year of RealServer, or you could install Windows Server 2003...

paul • 4/16/04; 9:06:33 AM

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.