Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Third party components

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    PerfectPhase

I was wondering what third party control libraries everyone uses?

I'm quite partial to ComponentArts (ASP.NET) and Infragistics libraries, what would your must haves for .Net development be?

Stephen.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Please don't touch ComponentArt, they're horrid.

Well, they're great if you like controls that eschew specs and are hard to integrate with a website when you want full control over the markup.

• User profile image
    JPeless

We use Infragistics, and some /n software

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

We use components of Xceed Software. They have a powerful Grid control, a UI library, input validators, charts, docking windows, compression/ZIP, advanced FTP, ...

• User profile image
    UlsterFry

Telerik for asp.net here Big Smile

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Infragistics is fine; sometimes: DevXpress, ComponentOne, IPWorks for ASP .NET Projects; Leadtools for multimedia apps.

Look at http://componentsource.com/index.html for more, or this for even more. 

• User profile image
    Detroit Muscle

We use 3rd party CAN network drivers from Vector, and LIN network drivers from Volcano.

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

W3bbo wrote:
    Please don't touch ComponentArt, they're horrid.

Hm, I was just thinking about buying the ComponentArt package!!!
    You say don't touch them, but you give no alternative?
    Probably because there isn't one available?

I've looked at many controls, and never saw anything like ComponentArt, they look AWESOME...

So... is there an alternative to componentart???
    If not, I will have to buy them, even if that means losing full control over the markup like you say... Sad

• User profile image
    W3bbo

dotnetjunkie wrote:
    Hm, I was just thinking about buying the ComponentArt package!!!
    You say don't touch them, but you give no alternative?
    Probably because there isn't one available?

I've looked at many controls, and never saw anything like ComponentArt, they look AWESOME...

So... is there an alternative to componentart???
    If not, I will have to buy them, even if that means losing full control over the markup like you say...

These guys?

Besides, most of the ComponentArt controls can be recreated with even more control over generated markup with a little knowledge of ECMAScript, the DOM, and XHTML.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.