Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Gentoo founder left MS

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Jaz

So the gentoo founder has left MS claiming he couldn't work to his full technical ability.

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix/0,39020390,39252292,00.htm

this isn't quite the first time we've seen this sort of thing.

seems MS need to make some changes.

• User profile image
    z33driver

What are you talking about?  He even said in the interview he left for his own reasons.  It was an amicable split.  What's the big news?  He wants to write code so thats what he's going to go do.  Good for him.

• User profile image
    Jaz

ermm what are you talking about, did you read anything i wrote?

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

What's Gentoo?

• User profile image
    Techboy

Some linux distro, isn't it?

I beleive the reason he left is that he had an.. "educating" job but wanted a technical one - probably coding or something. So he left to get one. what's the big deal?

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Something like that...

Most people aren't used to their full capabilities (Myself being included). That being the case sometimes you just have to leave.

• User profile image
    Manip

I wouldn't want to be in a job that did use my full range of technical abilities, because then the job isn't pushing me to learn anything new.

• User profile image
    Detroit Muscle

Robbins has accepted a job as the chief technical officer of ABC Coding Solutions, a company based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, that provides information products and consulting services within the health industry.

Maybe the man just doesn't like cold weather?

• User profile image
    Techboy

I think that job was using the skills he already had too much, making it boring.

Forcing him to use skills he doesn't have tends to be good because you learn - but only in the right circumstances as it can be stressful or hard for the person.

• User profile image
    Karim

Cybermagellan wrote:
    What's Gentoo?

Gesundheit.

• User profile image
    Charles

"Robbins has accepted a job as the chief technical officer of ABC Coding Solutions, a company based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, that provides information products and consulting services within the health industry. "

I bet he just couldn't stand the wet weather up here... Smiley

C

• User profile image
    Sampy

I was a big Gentoo man back in the day. It was the last distro I used before moving off Linux and back to Windows full time. I liked the thought that everything I ran I built myself (well, compiled).

It was kinda cool Smiley

• User profile image
    IRenderable

Cybermagellan wrote:
    What's Gentoo?

A species of Penguin.

• User profile image
    lars

Just wait until he finds out what all that NDA legaleeze really means... [6]

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.